Synching Photos with iTunes Options: Sync Photos from iPhoto or Folder

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
For years I've tried to logically organize photos and videos based upon a general naming convention that uses place and date. For example, "BeachTripJune2013"; or for non-time bound things like family members or inanimate stuff, folders called "KidsName", or "HomeImprovement".

This approach started on Windows systems years back when scanned non-digital photos or slides were the standard (digital cameras were not available then or prohibitively expensive and not as good as traditional film). I've stayed with this system after moving to a Apple ecosystem some years back. On new trips or events that don't have an existing folder, I'll create an Album in iOS Photos, and then when ready to sync to the Mac, use iPhoto. iPhoto appears to pickup the albums created in iOS Photos.

Like many people, I'm trying to use the new year as a catalyst to get better organized. For a while I've been using the default Sync Photos from iPhoto option when syncing my iPhone with iTunes (reference link below). Lately though I feel like I don't have all of my photos on the phone that mirror the file structure and subfolders I have created in OS X in the Pictures folder.

I have thousands of photos, and realize I can't fit them all on the iPhone. I would like to, however, stay more organized and lock on a iOS to iTunes syncing and photo management system.

So, how is everyone using iTunes and iPhoto? Is there a better way or an easier approach to this? I know from reading up on iOS 7 Photos that new tagging features may help towards realizing my goals.

iTunes: Syncing photos

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I had some time today so changed the Sync to the Pictures folder. Took ~45 minutes for the sync to complete. Then created a new album on the phone and selected a random photo and added to the new album. Synced the phone again, checked the Pictures folder on the Mac, but no new folder.

So it appears that this type of two way sync does not work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2