Can data recovery software hack into iPhone secure area?

glagafepn

Feb 8, 2019
Visit site
Greetings:

I have deleted several video clips from the iPhone xs max "Recently deleted" album and would like to recover some of them. I google and found many iPhone data recovery software (redacted) which claim to be able to do so by plugin the iPhone into Windows 10 PC and scanning for deleted files similar to an external storage devices. Do you think that these software are safe to use? Can it hack or get access into iPhone secure area such as apple wallet, password, pass key, face recognition id etc?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Certain conditions have to apply before data can be recovered. Having said that, I'm leery of data recovery software from sources unfamiliar to me. Some swear by them and others have reportedly paid for services that failed to recover their data. I don't have any experience with them with the exception of combating the aggressive nature in which drive-bys try to promote them - not in accordance with forum rules & guidelines.

I recommend you always keep a backup of your photos on an external drive or upload them to a cloud storage service that allows for storing and not just syncing.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Apple gives its users redundancy to protect us from accidental deletion as recent as two step Message thread delete and also the recent delete folder for photos and as mentioned above cloud service but I know data lost can still occur.

As for recovery software I personally wouldn’t use it but that’s just me.

Good Luck if you choose too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77