Mobilesubstrate has been updated!

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Looks like everything is good to go for jailbreak devs to update their apps for the Arm64 devices! Was about to unjailbreak and wait for the update but glad I didn't! Who else is as excited as I am? I mean, iOS 7 is awesome but I miss biteSMS and MyWi (along with a few others). 😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Mobile substrate is not showing up on my iPhone. Prior to the update I was searching cydia for Mobile substrate to see if it had been updated. Today I see on twitter it was update and when I search, it no longer appears.

Any thoughts?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Good news that it got updated but from twitter talk among devs I'm not so sure themes will get their updates. Many devs claiming they don't need/want to jailbreak anymore..

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't care so much about themes. As long as I can get BiteSms and zephyr than the jailbreak is worth it to me

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you download a tweak, Cydia Substrate will be downloaded with it. If you want to do it manually, just go to sources and tap on the Cydia repo. You should see Cydia Substrate in there.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Cydia is more of an "App Store". There is a repo for Cydia in the Sources section. The repo includes essential packages for Cydia to run properly.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a Cydia repo as well. That being said, telling someone to find sources by going into that repo has to be the most confusing, and thus least useful, method I've ever heard.

I wasn't telling anyone to find sources by going into the Cydia repo. I was talking about how you could get Cydia Substrate from the Cydia repo. :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't telling anyone to find sources by going into the Cydia repo. I was talking about how you could get Cydia Substrate from the Cydia repo. :)

/sigh

I used source where I should have used package. You were telling people to click through the repo, also known as a source FYI, and to view the list of packages. From that list of packages, you were suggesting they install the specific package. Someone that is having issues using search or installing other packages isn't someone that you should be directing into the list of packages for a source. You should hep them with the more user-friendly alternatives so they can use the same process going forward.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77