BiteSMS crashing when I open photos

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I am having issues with BiteSMS and messaging apps crashing when I try to open messaged pictures. The problem goes away when I boot into safe mode. I haven't made any changes or installed any new apps recently on my phone. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what may have caused this problem and if their is a known solution. Thanks in advnace

Iphone 4s - iOS 6.1.2

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
has BiteSMS had an update in a while? might need to update

also, make sure everything in Cydia is updated while you're at it

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
No issues for me. Make sure u are using the genuine app. Issue have been reported from others who had a pirated version and it was causing crashes

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
has BiteSMS had an update in a while? might need to update

also, make sure everything in Cydia is updated while you're at it

No issues for me. Make sure u are using the genuine app. Issue have been reported from others who had a pirated version and it was causing crashes

Thanks guys. The odd part is, this is affecting the built in messaging app also. If I boot to safe mode I do not have the problem in either BiteSMS or built in messaging app. Whereas, if I boot normally (JB) the problem arises in both applications.

Thanks again.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Try deleting BiteSMS and see if the issue continues. If it does then u know its a conflict with something u installed in Cydia that's causing the issue. If it goes away then u know it was BiteSMS.
Which version do u have? I have 7.3 installed and works fine

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Try deleting BiteSMS and see if the issue continues. If it does then u know its a conflict with something u installed in Cydia that's causing the issue. If it goes away then u know it was BiteSMS.
Which version do u have? I have 7.3 installed and works fine

I have 7.3 also. Will try deleting and reinstalling.

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Deleted BiteSMS and ran iCleaner. Rebooted phone and messaging app still crashed. Installed ver 7.5 and still no luck. Both messaging apps still crashing when I try to open a photo.

Starting to get a bit frustrating......

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Deleted BiteSMS and ran iCleaner. Rebooted phone and messaging app still crashed. Installed ver 7.5 and still no luck. Both messaging apps still crashing when I try to open a photo.

Starting to get a bit frustrating......

Then it means some tweak, theme, or something is conflicting and causing the crash. Try deleting them 1 at a time starting with the latest tweaks and you'll fine the problem

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Then it means some tweak, theme, or something is conflicting and causing the crash. Try deleting them 1 at a time starting with the latest tweaks and you'll fine the problem

Well, I don't know what in the heck is going on but, the problem inexplicably corrected itself. I did nothing after updating to Bite 7.5. Right after the update the problem persisted for another couple hours. Then all of a sudden it corrected itself. Very strange behavior!

This problem has/had been coupled with a loss of bluetooth connectivity. My phone sees the devices but refuses to pair with any of them.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to lose my JB and upgrade to iOS 7.0.2 as a last resort to try and fix my bluetooth issues. I have no idea how to do a restore on the phone and retain the ability to re-jailbreak it. My fun has sadly come to an end I think :-(

Thanks for the help though

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, I don't know what in the heck is going on but, the problem inexplicably corrected itself. I did nothing after updating to Bite 7.5. Right after the update the problem persisted for another couple hours. Then all of a sudden it corrected itself. Very strange behavior!

This problem has/had been coupled with a loss of bluetooth connectivity. My phone sees the devices but refuses to pair with any of them.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to lose my JB and upgrade to iOS 7.0.2 as a last resort to try and fix my bluetooth issues. I have no idea how to do a restore on the phone and retain the ability to re-jailbreak it. My fun has sadly come to an end I think :-(

Thanks for the help though

You can use semi-restore or iLex Rat in Cydia to restore to current iOS AND keep your jailbreak. Complete restore to iOS 7 should be a last resort IMO. GL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2