Help with Restoring

WillThGreat

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I recently jailbroke my iPad 3 and soon came to the conclusion that I was perfectly fine with the way it was. While my iPad was jailbroken, I made a backup with iTunes, then restored to the factory settings, planning on syncing it with my computer afterwards to bring my apps, photos, etc back on. After restoring, I found out that my photos were not saved to my computer. (Thank goodness I made a backup before restoring.) I then restored from the backup I just made, which brought back everything I needed it to. Cydia is, of course, not on the device any longer. My question is: If I restored from a backup that was created while the device was jailbroken, is ALL of the data from the jailbreak gone? I should also mention that whilst restoring, iTunes updated my iPad to the latest software, 6.1.3. (Previously on 6.1)

Thanks,
WillThGreat

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Restoring as you did should be fine... there might be some stray bits of jailbreak data left but nothing that you're going to notice.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Any stray bits would be eradicated by a restore and set-up from scratch without restoring a back-up.... but if everything is working fine, there's no real need.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2