Best jailbreak apps for iPhone 5 and iPad mini

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Anybody notice when using MapOpener for jail broken phones that if you click on a link, Google Maps load but won't give you a link for navigation. If I open Google Maps and input or click on a saved link it shows the navigation button just fine. Any suggestions

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a for bitesms quick reply to not automatically turn the screen off when replying from the lock screen? That's REALLY annoying to me.

ImaginedTruths

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
First off, even though its only $0.99 and I know there is still an on going quest to "crack" it, it is only $0.99. I consider Nitrous a essential, especially if you also use Browser Changer to change from Safari to Chrome. The speed end efficiency are well beyond the small $0.99 cost. Safari Omnibar is also essential for those instances where you need to use Safari. One thing I do wish, would be a way to make the default mail app use Gmail. Also would like someway or another to integrate with the default stock maps app (I know you can set it to use Google maps) to build in a feature to save hassle and auto "check-in" with Twitter and FaceBook on a set time between check ins. That would save a lot of effort and hassle, while allowing your friends and family to find you wherever you are and easily get a map directing them to you. I think some newer tweaks from Cydia, i.e. NCSettings, Auxo, and Zephyr offer some great and much needed enhancements to iOS, but without the complexity of SBSettings, and similar. Hopefully some talented skinner will offer a slightly better set of icons and theme for NCSettings though. OpenSSH, MobileTerminal, and iFIle are obviously pretty standard, and all work well so far on iOS 6.1 on my iPhone 5. The reset-all killer is unnecessary, but useful for new jail-breakers, given that it's always tempting to hit that without realizing just how trashed the phone can get if its chosen. Winterboard can be fun, but personally, I prefer Dreamboard. It's not always easy, and can often be a hassle to hunt down or make yourself icons for apps and games that aren't as a part of a skin package. Another recommendation I have is this, using Cydia, install all apps and tweaks BEFORE you install any additional apps or games from iTunes. I also recommend even if adding any app or tweak from Cydia resprings your iPhone, to go ahead and hard-reset the phone in-between each and every one. It not only gives you a more refreshed and functional phone, but can at times help prevent installation errors.

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
CleverPIN - this was the main reason I jailbroke my phone. I only need to enter a PIN when I'm away from my trusted wifi network. Otherwise, no PIN is needed.
SwipeSelection - keyboard swipes move cursor and selects text. This should be an included feature in iOS
IntelliScreenX 6 - gives me quick toggles for wifi/airplane mode/brightness/ etc, along with lock screen features and SMS quick reply/compose options.
Springtomize 2 - lots of options to customize the look of the the device

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I like to use
Auxo
Messages+
3G unrestrictor for apps like Audible and some games
That's about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Definitely agree with Messages+. A lot of people hype up BiteSMS but its nice just to have something integrated with the stock Messages app :)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The mods/apps I use for my iPhone 5 are as follows:

-BrowserChooser (set any browser as default ... I recommend Chrome for iOS)

Browser Changer is better. It doesn't cycle through Safari first when opening a link from another application. It also includes a list of all supported browsers. :) As for browsers themselves, I use Mercury Pro because I've found it to be the best one that syncs bookmarks with Firefox.

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I know its simple, but NoNewsIsGoodNews to hide that Newsstand app works good for me and NoSpot. lol No spotlight even better. lol

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Zeppelin to change the LTE to an icon. Check it out to see if that's what you're trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Zeppelin changes the carrier, not the data signal indicator.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

otong

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Be careful some of these apps not compatible for IOS 6 - it will brick your phone.

Phone GV Extension
SMS GV Extension

Read the description before installing

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question: Is Google Maps installed? Contrary to what I think the info says, it does not open Google Maps in the web browser, only the app itself.

Yep. I installed it, asked Siri to find me the closest McDonalds and it opens in Apple Maps.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Activator
Auxo
IntelliscreenX
Springtomize 2
SBsettings
Anyattach
Password pilot
Safari download manager
Winterboard