Step by step instructions for Novice

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I've got a 3gs running... 5.1 and 05.16.05 with a mfg date of 10-2009. I'm a novice and need some step by step instructions to JB and Unlock. I used iclarified a year ago on one, but don't see a JB for the 3gs now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've jailbroken iOS 4.2.6 and 5.1.1 on the iPhone 4, so I can't help you too much for your specific device. However, have you checked this sticky at the top of this forum---http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/228753-new-jailbreak-start-here.html?

Another place to check is YouTube. When I started jailbreaking I found a lot of videos that helped me visualize what would (should) be happening during the jailbreak, which was helpful.

It has a lot of information about jailbreaking and will probably answer a lot of your questions. If nothing else, it might give you enough information to ask specific questions before you jailbreak.

Good luck.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That's baseband can not be unlocked ..

Although I hate to recommend but you can update it to the iPad baseband 6.15.00

Doing so you lose gps .. And you will always have to use custom software and will never be able to restore or update in iTunes if you do you will crash your phone and have to reload with a custom Ipsw .

If you choose to

I would update phone to 5.1.1 normally

Activate with AT&T sim to get to home screen
Once complete
Use redsnow a do a teathered JB

Install Rocky racoon to unteather

Then use redsnow to update the baseband I never JB and update baseband at same time just because I have had issues that way

Once complete
Install ultra snow fixer 5.1.1 then install ultrasnow

You will now be unlocked on 5.1.1

But more stuff may be needed to get mms working and iMessage

Depending on what carrier you will be using

iMessage fix with use Sam

I know this is some basic steps but with a friend named google it is pretty easy to accomplish

Good luck

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 3gs running... 5.1 and 05.16.05 with a mfg date of 10-2009. I'm a novice and need some step by step instructions to JB and Unlock. I used iclarified a year ago on one, but don't see a JB for the 3gs now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is it an AT&T 3GS? And if so, is it out of contract? If the answer to both of those is yes, then AT&T should be willing to unlock it for free. They changed their stance on this not long ago and have been unlocking out of contract iphones ever since. Worth a call.

Reactions: 4boostin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2