Worth upgrading to 5.1.1?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 5.0.1, and untethered.

Is it worth upgrading to 5.1.1, and JB'ing with Absinthe?
Any significant upgrades?

There is no reason to. Unless you really need something that 5.1.1 is offering. My iPhone 4 is on 5.0.1 and I will be leaving it as is. I have an iPad 3 and I used Absinthe as there was no other way to jailbreak it.

This jailbreak was made mainly for people that have new idevices that came out of the box recently. i.e. Iphone 4S's and The New iPad and the iPad 2.

I would stay as you are buddy. If your phone iDevice is working fine, then why change it.

Hope this advise is what you needed to hear. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ModeratorOMD

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was on 5.0.1 and went to 5.1.1. The only difference I noticed between the two is the ability to edit Photostream pics right from the phone, which is kind of a nice touch. I personally like keeping my firmware relatively new and up-to-date to avoid any conflict issues. Some iTunes apps work only with 5.1.1 and not with 5.0.1, and you can't tell if they do until you load them and they crash your phone. Sure, it's a simple matter to just delete the app in question, but it just makes things a lot smoother when you don't have to worry about those conflicts. Plus, it isn't like it's a major pain to make the whole switch and re-jailbreak, in my opinion. Especially if you've backed up stock apps and used APTbackup to back up Cydia apps. It's practically all automatic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2