Absinthe 2.0 is out!!!

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
never mind folks, i did a hard reset and everything came back, nothing had erased. Now that I know I update to 5.1.1 and THEN follow the steps I did? I don't have to erase all data because the update will kill my old JB, right??

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
After numerous issues yesterday, I have jailbreaks my phone and was able to synch my apps successfully. Again thanks for all the help here in the forum.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hows battery life in 2.0?

i'll tell you like the ex-infamous hacker @Comex tweeted to me one day..

"the jailbreak itself does not cause battery drain, it's the crap we put on afterwards that does!" lolol, so true!

that being said, even after all the crap i have put on my device so far all is good!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It has been fine for me battery-wise... only things I did the JB for are iBlacklist, SBSettings, and PDAnet is replacing MyWi - which has issues that I started a discussion about. I'm pleased.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
First time JB'ing my device, and it took all of about 5 minutes beginning to end. I am having more trouble with figuring out Cydia that I did the JB.

Let the adventure begin!

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
cydia is figured out over time. don't worry about getting everything all at once. I have learned through various forums and sites for new apps and worthwhile apps.

as far as I was concerned. I was having some battery issues and lately something was playing nice on 5.0.1 JB. So I restored fresh and updated. loaded all my vanilla stuff and then JB. wow what a difference. so much quicker and more fluid. no idea why, activator seemed to slow it down a little once i got to that. all is well so far. very pleased

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Amazing.
Honestly,I was JUST typing a post, disagreeing with those saying that "Package Not Found" (what a thing to say to a guy) errors would disappear with time. I paused to look back at Cydia, to confirm the wording or something, and the apps I've been looking for for HOURS showed up.

Sweet. and Amazing, of course.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4S (on 5.0) and I went to the reset feature and selected the delete all data and that is where it is stuck. I never even got to the JB. The phone is not recognized by iTunes and Im afraid to touch it!! ikea! Hope you can help. I assumed that when it restored, it would go back to the previous OS and then I would update to 5.1.1...

Ok, well I hate to say it, but you didn't have to go to erase all content. But something is clearly wrong now. You need to restore the phone via iTunes and hope that you have an iCloud or iTunes back up of all the stuff that was originally on the phone.

If you are still stuck. PM me again and I'll talk you through restoring and then jailbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
my bigboss repo is empty and i cannot install any cydia app like activator, sb setting, and the other... anybody can help me with this?

In Cydia, go into Manage>> Sources>> edit to delete the bigboss entry, then go back to the main screen, hit More Package Sources>> then select BigBoss - it will add it back, and fetch the latest catalog for you.

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
In Cydia, go into Manage>> Sources>> edit to delete the bigboss entry, then go back to the main screen, hit More Package Sources>> then select BigBoss - it will add it back, and fetch the latest catalog for you.
thank you very much... is it because the internet connection problem? because right now i'm in china and a lot of website being blocked...

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

after it downloading the content the bigboss repo still empty.... frustrated now...

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
after it downloading the content the bigboss repo still empty.... frustrated now...

Don't worry. Mine was the same and I doubted it would fix itself in time. As soon as I have up and was typing a post about it, the apps showed up. Now it's all good except for one app that needs the developer to update it or something.

I suggest that you give it more time. How long has it been since you jailbroke got device? Which device is it?

durbin

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I could not get this to work, tried about 10 times on the weekend. Finally gave in and restored iphone 4s to new using i-tunes....and tried again - worked first time like a charm. Now in the process of restoring my back up.:)

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry. Mine was the same and I doubted it would fix itself in time. As soon as I have up and was typing a post about it, the apps showed up. Now it's all good except for one app that needs the developer to update it or something.

I suggest that you give it more time. How long has it been since you jailbroke got device? Which device is it?

my device is ipad 2 3g 32gb. i guess so. when the first time the absinthe app come out i jailbreak it. so its around 3 day. but i'm seeing there is people who already success to download app from that repo. confused... :confused:

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Sure fire way to jailbreak without issues each time. Make sure you back up your iDevice to iCloud.

If iDevice is not jailbroken then do the following:

1. Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Follow https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_aK40uh4JKfajWxwpDkfLsDslN1ecoTDsbMyYo0Ktfw/edit to jailbreak as new and then restore from iCloud afterwards.

If iDevice is already jailbroken then do the following:

1. Restore iDevice from iTunes on PC. Do not restore from back up or sync after restore.
2. Follow https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_aK40uh4JKfajWxwpDkfLsDslN1ecoTDsbMyYo0Ktfw/edit to jailbreak as new and then restore from iCloud afterwards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2