Or not? Didn't they just do a re-release for iOS 5.1.1?
    05-25-2012 10:16 PM
    I'm on 5.0.1 jailbroken
    i cant find Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether in Cydia. Where is it?
    05-25-2012 10:25 PM
    Or not? Didn't they just do a re-release for iOS 5.1.1?
    i believe that was for the 4 only and i have no idea if 2.0 or 2.0.1 will work on it
    05-25-2012 10:27 PM
    Anyone having issues installing sbsettings? I cant finish the download.
    05-25-2012 10:33 PM
    Anyone having issues installing sbsettings? I cant finish the download.
    Keep trying. Took me 4 times to get it to load up.

Sent from my JB'd iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iVazz; 05-25-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    05-25-2012 10:48 PM
    It was successful but still no cydia

I'm on an ATT iPhone 4 (5.1.1) and my JB went fine. I'm in Cydia, but can't find biteSMS. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob
    05-25-2012 11:03 PM
    Looks like a whole lot of trouble for nothing. I'll stay with 5.

A new iPhone is coming out anyway. :/
    Last edited by motoleo; 05-25-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    05-25-2012 11:08 PM
    Looks like a whole lot of trouble for nothing. I'll stay with 5.
    i just searched for it.. but now i got rid of it and went back to Messages+
    05-25-2012 11:09 PM
    yes, upgrade now, jailbreak and save your blobs. you should take advantage of the Untethereds while you can
    Lol okay I'll try it tonight. Thanks.
    05-25-2012 11:20 PM
    Why won't it work? Restoring my phone AGAIN. I don't have time for this! Ugh!!!! I need my jailbreak!!!!
    Had the same issue I had to restore from iTunes and setup as new then the jailbreak took fine. Just doing a reset all setting and set up as new didn't work.
    05-25-2012 11:22 PM
    Has anyone gotten a window pop up for and it keeps extracting absinthe? For windows.
    05-25-2012 11:23 PM
    I'm on 5.0.1 jailbroken
    i cant find Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether in Cydia. Where is it?
    You have to be on 5.1.1 to use it
    05-26-2012 12:20 AM
    absinthe is detecting my iphone 4 as a 3. what do i do?
    05-26-2012 02:07 AM
    I tried it this morning but Absinthe 2.0 wouldn't work so after 4 trys I gave up. This afternoon I used 2.0.1, didn't erase my data, and it worked like a charm. It took a little longer to dl the packages from Cydia but now everything is back to normal.
    05-26-2012 02:07 AM
    absinthe is detecting my iphone 4 as a 3. what do i do?

Mate, don't use Absinthe. Use Redsn0w to apply a tethered jailbreak. Once Cydia installed. Go in and search for Rocky Raccoon un-tether 5.1.1 and then you will be fully jailbroken, untethered.

This is the best result for a4 devices like the iPhone 4 & 3GS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    mikah15 likes this.
    05-26-2012 02:55 AM
    Has anyone gotten a window pop up for and it keeps extracting absinthe? For windows.
    That's meant to happen. Then once done, run the exe file.

05-26-2012 02:58 AM
    whole thing is so confusing for the moment i'm just gonna leave it jailbroken at 5.0.1. i'm not sure what i'm doing and everyones is not working well. Honestly this shouldn't be this hard. should be one click, do the rest, backup, restore blah blah blah.
    05-26-2012 04:24 AM
    whole thing is so confusing for the moment i'm just gonna leave it jailbroken at 5.0.1. i'm not sure what i'm doing and everyones is not working well. Honestly this shouldn't be this hard. should be one click, do the rest, backup, restore blah blah blah.
    It's not that tricky its just different as the whole thing need to unzipp fully and that takes a while. But if you are running 5.0.1, then I would update. There is no real reason to. If you where running something like 4.3.5, then I would recommend you to update.

05-26-2012 04:55 AM
    I really didn't think it was hard and I was hungover.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk
    05-26-2012 04:56 AM

LOL!!

05-26-2012 05:19 AM

i don't mean the process. I mean there are instructions on the absinthe site. the problem is there are 27 pages of posts of people having problems. The absinthe site says clear all your data. i've seen several posts saying theirs worked when they didn't clear their data. There was also a new apple update and i've no clue if that's for my sprint one and i've read that one is not jailbreakable. but honestly nothing that works should have 27 pages of screw ups on day one. Oh and there was a recent post where somebody used absinth 2.0 and it didn't work 4 times. then he used 2.0.1 or 2.1 i forget the number but it worked. Honestly i'll wait. not sure the hassle is worth the risk of screwing up something that ain't broke at the moment.

i came from webos. i fricken hate webos. I wanted to throw that phone on the cement and i'd do it if i didn't need a back up spare. But one think i like was using preware was dead fricken simple. you like run one program and there you go. you can install apps. They could use an all in one solution.

but i digress. maybe it's just me but having to clear all my data is a horrible idea. i got 40GBs of music and playlists and crap. I'm not looking forward to that either. hell the only reason i jailbroke in the first place was cause stupid fricken itunes deleted all the music off my iphone without warning me. I mean seriously. you'd think essentially wiping almost 45GBs of data would be something they'd warn you for. of course i have backups but that is one thing i hate about the way apple does stuff. hte most iportant **** on my phone is deleted without warning. hell Windows warns me before deleting one fricken photo. rant over. But i'm gonna give it a day or so and see if a consensus on the best process get's worked out.
    05-26-2012 05:23 AM
    but i digress. maybe it's just me but having to clear all my data is a horrible idea. i got 40GBs of music and playlists and crap. I'm not looking forward to that either. hell the only reason i jailbroke in the first place was cause stupid fricken itunes deleted all the music off my iphone without warning me. I mean seriously. you'd think essentially wiping almost 45GBs of data would be something they'd warn you for. of course i have backups but that is one thing i hate about the way apple does stuff. hte most iportant **** on my phone is deleted without warning. hell Windows warns me before deleting one fricken photo. rant over. But i'm gonna give it a day or so and see if a consensus on the best process get's worked out.
    Was your phone ever restored from a backup - especially of a previous device -- especially a jailbroken one?

I ask because my new iPad kept deleting/losing ALL of my music from the device. I returned it for a new one because it would eliminate a couple of really big potential factors, then used the new one WITHOUT restoring from the backup. It's been over a month and not a single music file (that I've noticed) has gone away.
    05-26-2012 06:54 AM
    Is the 5.1.1 activated/unlockable for none official carriers, I'm using a iPhone 4 GSM model on 5.0.1 Gevey Sim Unlock
    Sorry you did say 5.0.1.

In that case buddy I would stay as you are because 5.1.1 hasn't been out that long and there is much in it that is different to 5.0.1.

Unless you really need 5.1.1 for a reason. I would stay as you are, which is what I'm doing with my iPhone 4.
    05-26-2012 07:43 AM
    I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?
    05-26-2012 07:52 AM
    I haven't been able to get the jailbreak working for either my Verizon Iphone 4, or my Wifi Ipad 2. For both, I did a clean restore, first, without setting it up at all, then connecting it to Absinthe 2.0.1. It starts the jailbreak process, but gets stuck on waiting to reboot. Any suggestions?
    I didn't have that problem but fwiw... Mine would cease all progress very shortly after getting started on my Windows 7 x64 pc. Others have had no problem with this operating system but when I switched to my pc with Windows XP, it worked the first time. I tried several times on the Win 7 machine.

By the way, as you might have guessed, the XP pc is several years old. The Windows 7 machine is several weeks old.
    05-26-2012 08:06 AM
364 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD