Help Unlocking iPad 2 for Noob Please (yes i have read the faq)

Mischief433

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey forum gods! I have ventured over here from crackberry to look for some help with my new ipad2 wifi getting jailbroken.

So here's the issue, while i am good with computers i haven't worked with the ios platform really at all.

I currently have a 64 GB iPad2 Wifi with iOS 5.0 (9A334)

I have read that i need to be on iOS 5.0.1 for absinthe to work, so i found the firmware from http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-3310.20111109.Cfp76/iPad2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw

However when i try to load it in itunes by holding option when hitting restore, when it goes to validate the restore i get the error message "The iPad could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

Is there something i am missing? Thanks in advance guys!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I just now jailbroke my iPad2 on 5.0.1 using Absinthe. DO NOT update if you want to JB because you still can!

No need to restore it or upgrade to 5.0.1 you can jailbreak 5.0. Just use Absinthe normally. Do a backup in iTunes then close iTunes. Extract Absinthe to a folder and run it as an administrator. Just follow the instructions that come with it very easy and quick.

I hope you see this in time...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just now jailbroke my iPad2 on 5.0.1 using Absinthe. DO NOT update if you want to JB because you still can!

No need to restore it or upgrade to 5.0.1 you can jailbreak 5.0. Just use Absinthe normally. Do a backup in iTunes then close iTunes. Extract Absinthe to a folder and run it as an administrator. Just follow the instructions that come with it very easy and quick.

I hope you see this in time...

I'm not sure that's true...according to greenpois0n.com, the iPad2 needs to be on 5.0.1:

To jailbreak your iPhone 4S (running iOS 5.0 or either 4S version of 5.0.1**) and/or your iPad 2 (all Wi-Fi only, GSM & CDMA devices supported; must be running iOS 5.0.1**) ? select one of the links below to download your Absinthe A5 untethered jailbreak. Simply unzip the file, then install on your iOS A5 mobile device with one click of a button!

So unless that info is out of date I'm afraid you're out of luck on 5.0.--since you missed the signing window to update to 5.0.1 and don't have 5.0.1 SHSH saved, you'll always get the "isn't eligible for the requested build" error. So for now you're stuck either way you are or updating to 5.1, but I'd bet a new jb will out before too long.

Mischief433

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, it does seem i am outta luck by a week or so and will have to wait for the 5.1 jailbreak.

I guess the other option is going and getting a 3G ipad instead and return this wifi.... but at the end of the day i'm just as happy waiting for the 5.1 jaibreak.

Since i am a complete noob with iOS, how long after a proof of jailbreaking being possible does it get released? Am i stuck waiting another month?

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, it does seem i am outta luck by a week or so and will have to wait for the 5.1 jailbreak.

I guess the other option is going and getting a 3G ipad instead and return this wifi.... but at the end of the day i'm just as happy waiting for the 5.1 jaibreak.

Since i am a complete noob with iOS, how long after a proof of jailbreaking being possible does it get released? Am i stuck waiting another month?

Sometimes they are fast, sometimes they aren't.

My guess is sometime late next week, but that's just a shot in the dark to be honest.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77