Custom Slide to Unlock Sliders?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all!

So I've run into a bit of a problem. I wanted to add a custom slider to my iPhone now that I've jailbroken it. I have been digging around Cydia and, thought, I found some custom sliders. Whenever I download the slider and add it in WinterBoard, it never works. Any idea why?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
is the slider at the top of the list? It needs to be placed above the theme you are using. Drag it to the top of the list- this should work (the list you see once you go into Winterboard and Select Theme.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If that doesn't work it's possible it's an older slider?Apple keeps changing the names of UI images, and not every theme gets updated, unfortunately.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys!! I managed to get one of the sliders to work but the other handful or so didn't. I'm thinking they are older files and weren't updated.

I'm also definitely checking out the tutorial! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, guys!! I managed to get one of the sliders to work but the other handful or so didn't. I'm thinking they are older files and weren't updated.

I'm also definitely checking out the tutorial! Thanks again!

Once you're comfortable changing files and putting things on and off your phone manually, it's likely you could update those broken themes yourself--they probably just need some images renamed.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed a LS that was in German.. Ha... so I went in and changed the language to English (just had to rename the days and months in English) and added a new yahoo/weather location.. had to find the correct file first though...

btw, I use Notepad ++ as my text editing program.

Regarding the lock screen image, on another LS theme I tried to replace the themes LockBackground image with a transparent one I made in the hopes that it would allow my lock screen background to show thru.. but no go... didn't work as planned...came out black.:(

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2