How to untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 & iOS 5.0

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
it is really very simple. just turn on vpn at step 7 read the comments ppl leave below you dont even have to type those commands just copy and paste to cmd. you'll be done in 12 minutes... once you have the cydia icon and you tap on it and it asks you to choose your profile, this is the moment you can close the command line even if its not finished and disconnect your ipad/iphone... i used to reload OSs on my blackberries and android phones and root them, this is nothing compared to that it really is that simple...

and when do i turn the vpn on; not listed in any of the steps??? i did see a comment to turn it on after the first dump of command lines; thats clear as mud

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It's been over 2 hours and Absinthe is still on the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..."

I have read that it takes a long time, but could somebody give me an estimate? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
It's been over 2 hours and Absinthe is still on the "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..."

I have read that it takes a long time, but could somebody give me an estimate? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro

The process has stalled... "a while" for me was 10/15 minutes or so for me. But since it seems this exploit uses the backup file if you have a large camera roll I guess "a while" could be a lot longer for some folks. My camera roll is empty (I offload pics into folders to my Mac then sync them back via iTunes) so my backup file is relatively small. I followed the reboot/close Absinthe/VPN cycle detailed in an earlier post and it eventually worked for me.

Justin V

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks, I'm considering jailbreaking my 4s and have never JB an iPhone before. I've read a couple posts that said JB errors were encountered when devices had a password protection enabled. My question is this: I have a corporate Exchange email acct on the phone which requires password protecting the phone. Do I have to delete that email acct thus eliminating the password protection and then re-add the corporate exchange email acct after jail breaking?
:confused:

jackitoday

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just saw the windows notification, did the jailbreak (I know I'm going to say root by mistake at some point) and now my iPad2 is JB. Haven't done the iPhone4s - I think I'll wait on that one for a bit. I'm worried about what to do with updates and all -- if I keep one 'pure' I'll be able to satisfy my curiosity. I'm terrible when there is an update I can 'look' at.

So, now I'm in Cydia and I'm not sure what to do next. But I'm excited to try. Anything I should beware of?

I so don't miss my Android.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the absinthe ios 5.0/5.0.1 for windows and all the steps were completed, it restarted fine up until i click the absinthe icon on my phone and it just sits on that screen says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand by" do i leave it there? and just wait to see if it does anything? cuz its been like that for about 10 minutes, anyone know whats up?

im also experiencing this issue...been stuck for awhile now. what now. rebooted twice and still no cydia. fyi...im using the windows version for this

Niagol

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
im also experiencing this issue...been stuck for awhile now. what now. rebooted twice and still no cydia. fyi...im using the windows version for this

Running this on iPad 2 and rebooted and reran Absinthe on ipad and had no luck. Just sat there. Rebooted again, then re-ran Absinthe on my computer, clicked Jailbreak and it detected my iPad in a failed jailbreak and was fixing it. Then said to run Jailbreak again, which I did, it went through the same process as before with no errors, tapped on Absinthe icon and within 30seconds it rebooted and Cydia was there! Hope this helps!

iPhone 4S went through with no troubles at all. Just be patient as the program runs on Windows takes a bit to send all the data to the phone.

Reactions: sj-performance

Crodley

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If people could be just a bit more helpful, I had it "stall" at the very first click where it said "jailbreaking, this may take awhile" for 90 minutes.

When others here say it does take AWHILE or a BIT can you state how long that is? 10 minutes? 50 minutes? 450 minutes?

It would help others to know if they should just restart after xxx amount of time, thanks in advance!

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
A few key things to do for a successful jailbreak on both iPad and iPhone 4s

1. Make sure you are on latest iTunes
2. Backup your device. Make sure your backup is not password protected
3. Settings / general / reset and erase all settings and content
4. Once device has rebooted, setup as new device then once on springboard turn off wifi
5. Run jailbreak tool. Should be very quick as the device is stock.
6. Once finished turn on wifi and click the greenpois0n app
7. If fails do the VPN trick, Device will reboot, then run cydia.
8. Restore from backup.

The reason people are experiencing long or failed jailbreaks is due to having content already on he device. For the first time this tool is using a multitude of new methods including using a backup during the JB. If you are having troubles just restore to new device and start again from fresh.

I've done two iPads today on 2 diff laptops and they were both very smooth. BTW I used windows absinthe tool. Also remember if you are on Windows 7 run as administrator and also try running in XP mode if the program is cashing.

Happy jail breaking :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sj-performance

RyanShaw

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
nvm, that didn't work. I really need help. It just seems that with whatever I do I get some ridiculous error that no one else has. If someone could send me a message or just post here that'd be great. Absinthe crashes while it's sending the jailbreak data, what do I do? The other method with the command prompt doesn't work either. I get some weird error.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
nvm, that didn't work. I really need help. It just seems that with whatever I do I get some ridiculous error that no one else has. If someone could send me a message or just post here that'd be great. Absinthe crashes while it's sending the jailbreak data, what do I do? The other method with the command prompt doesn't work either. I get some weird error.

What is the error you are getting, what device are you using laptop, pc, Mac? Which version of absinthe?so you have your device at stock with nothing on it? If using windows 7 did you run as administrator and or in xp mode?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Running this on iPad 2 and rebooted and reran Absinthe on ipad and had no luck. Just sat there. Rebooted again, then re-ran Absinthe on my computer, clicked Jailbreak and it detected my iPad in a failed jailbreak and was fixing it. Then said to run Jailbreak again, which I did, it went through the same process as before with no errors, tapped on Absinthe icon and within 30seconds it rebooted and Cydia was there! Hope this helps!

iPhone 4S went through with no troubles at all. Just be patient as the program runs on Windows takes a bit to send all the data to the phone.

ok i just did this. and it worked! only thing is i turned off wifi on my phone. at the end finally i saw cydia :) thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77