iPhone 4 unlock before updating

sebicatana

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I ma from Toronto and me and my friend both have Iphone 4 on Telus. She is moving to Europe in 7 days and I have to help her unlock her phone so that she can use it there.
Her old Iphone 4 died a few days ago and she got a brand new one from Apple (yay!). We have not made any updates or anything yet and the phone is running on IOS 4.2.1 I think.
How do I unlock the phone? And will that mess with updating the to IOS 5 after?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Deadline for me unlocking her iPhone is Tuesday, Dec 6th.
Thank you so much!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking and unlocking will not be an issue as long as she doesn't update to iOS 5.
Go download redsn0w and do the jailbreak (search on the Internet to find the appropriate beta of redsn0w for the firmware). After jailbreaking simple install ultrasn0w from Cydia and you're done.

Reactions: sebicatana

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just don't upgrade the device.. I'm sure there are so many iOs 5 users who really beg for having iOs 4 to be able to jb the device.. In that way, you're lucky.. As a second option instead of redsn0w; just write JailbreakMe 3.0 (click to the url to see the link) to your iPhone's Safari and the rest will take care of itself ;) Than install ultrasn0w as it mentioned above..

Reactions: sebicatana

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2