5.0 jailbreak icon question

dbone15#AC

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke iOS 5.0 with Redsn0w. Everything is fine. My only small issue is that apps from Cydia with a springboard icon are greyed out at least half the time (MyWi, BytaFont, 3G unrestrictor, etc..). This has no impact on the functionality of the app as when I click on the grey icon, the app works fine. It's just annoying and makes my OCD go off the charts. Any info on how to fix is appreciated. Thanks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the only way i was able to resolve this was to sync with iTunes. weird, i know, but it worked for me

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
nope. i have no idea what-where-why, just glad it helped

i do know someone else who had the same situation and an ITunes sync did nothing. does not hurt to try

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
if the iTunes wont work to solve that issue, reload Cydia and than hard reset (not respring) the device.. ( if tethered; via computer )

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was going to ask you if you've rebooted the device, not respring. Also if you run a theme you could just make your own icons, depends how bad your OCD gets. If this is the case look up my contact info I'll help ya out.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
This always annoys me. If the above steps don't work, open Cydia, click manage, click settings, click developer. Then search "UIKitTools" and reinstall it. Respring and they should be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2