first time jailbreaker...

camaro_87

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
need help... want to jailbreak my iphone 4

got a iphone 4 recently updated it to ios 5 and now i want to jailbreak it... whats the best way to go abouts jailbreaking my iphone? meaning what program, files do i need? ive seen tons of videos on youtube but not sure witch are the latest, if they work, if their right,... etc etc...

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The current ios 5 JB(Jailbreak) is tethered. Whenever you reboot the device it has to be connected to the computer and you must re-run the JB tool each time. The untethered ofcourse means you can reboot the device like usual. The other things you can search for so do a search for SHSH, Pwnage Tool, Sn0wbreeze, redsn0w, Cydia. If you want to know what you can do with it look through some of the lockscreen, theme threads.

AnonymousUser

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an unsuccessful time trying to get my iPhone 4 8GB for AT&T to jailbreak. Using RedSn0w, I get it to the white screen, then black screen, then RedSn0w displays "No identifying data fetched." And it just stops.

I cannot get it to go any further.

What am I missing?

camaro_87

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
yeh ive been reading about this tethered thing.... how do i get the "semi-tethered" jailbreak? and where can i download redsnow from?

and just curious say i for some reason need to get rid of the jailbreak on my iphone and go back top stock... can it be done? easy to do?

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
You can get the semi tether in cydia just search it. You can just use iTunes and do a restore to your phone and the jailbreak will be gone.

camaro_87

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
alright well everything went good i got my iphone jailbroken, now i cant seem to find this "semi-tethered" one though... where can i find it??

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
You have to add a source to cydia http://thebigboss.org/semitether. Then search for it in cydia.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77