Give me the thumbs up. Is it ok to go ahead and redsn0w my 4S

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
i was using reds0w on my iphone4 on 4.3.5 and 5.0. Is it ok to go ahead and jailbreak the 4S using redsn0w. I haven't seen anyone do it probaly because the phones have only been available to the public for 2 and half hours now. I just need a thumbs up from the experts if its ok. Or should I let some of the devs try it first and report it. I don't need any how to's or anything just need confirmation someone has jailbroken the 4S.

Thanks
Josh

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind. After some research found out " You cannot jailbreak the Iphone 4S. Hackers have been trying to get a breakthrough but so far they couldn?t find a way."

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ouch, hope it won't turn into another iPad 2.

Yeh me too. I can't live without a jailbreak. Thats hell on earth. But last year from my memory. It took about a month after the Iphone4 was released. I've heard that the 5 exploits found in the software in the ipad2 a5 chip, blah blah are there but they are waiting on the last device the Iphone 4S of course and go by devices not software since software can change. My guess is they are waiting for 1 of those quick Apple updates that always follow a release like 5.0.1 or something. Cause it would be pointless to have a jailbreak come out and Apple release 5.0.1 in 7 days or sooner. Comex is working for Apple now. And makes since he is involved in Apple more than we think. It was his idea alone that Apple based its Notification Center around from his Mobile Notifier jailbreak app.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind. After some research found out " You cannot jailbreak the Iphone 4S. Hackers have been trying to get a breakthrough but so far they couldn?t find a way."

Not true; you can jailbreak with redsn0w, it's just that it's a tethered jb for now. Untethered should be coming soon.

Edit: sorry, thought you were talking about iOS5, not the 4S.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You can't be too glad yet. It's been months since iPad 2 was out, and still no JB for it. Escalate that to iPhone 6, where everyone gets it, and we might say goodbye to jailbreaks entirely.

mkokolis#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You can't be too glad yet. It's been months since iPad 2 was out, and still no JB for it. Escalate that to iPhone 6, where everyone gets it, and we might say goodbye to jailbreaks entirely.

actually there was a jailbreak for the ipad 2 and it was quickly patched by apple it was on firmware 4.3.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2