I know you can tether an iPad to your iPhone via Bluetooth but does the iPad need to be jailbroken as well? My iPad has iOS5 beta 2 running on it for now.

I'm looking for a mywi ondemand replacement now that my iPad has no jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-29-2011 07:45 PM
    So I don't know much about the technical side of tethering but I set out to help you anyway.

First I tried google:

Google

and that is where I stopped...there are a crap ton of results that should be able to guide you in finding an answer. Let me know if nothing works and I will then keep helping.

Thanks!
    07-17-2011 12:14 AM
    I know you can tether an iPad to your iPhone via Bluetooth but does the iPad need to be jailbroken as well? My iPad has iOS5 beta 2 running on it for now.

I'm looking for a mywi ondemand replacement now that my iPad has no jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, your iPad does not need to be Jailbroken. I tether mine every day.
    07-17-2011 12:58 AM
    You do have to be jailbroken to tether over Bluetooth, I believe... on my kids iPod touch I use iTether for BT tethering.
    07-18-2011 08:02 PM
    I tether my iPad 2 with my AT&T iPhone via BT. Neither are JB'n.
    07-23-2011 01:08 AM
    I tether my iPad 2 with my AT&T iPhone via BT. Neither are JB'n.
    Cool, I learned something new then
    07-23-2011 04:17 PM
    Its because the hotspot on the AT&T iPhone is flaky that I tether on BT to begin with. If your phone is idle too long, it just disconnects and you have to go in and stop the hotspot and restart it. So I just started doing it via BT and it works great. Never disconnects until I tell it to. With my JB Verizon iPhone, and MyWi, I don't have that issue and I tether via Wifi and it never disconnects.
    07-24-2011 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD