So I'm out of Warranty as of today, do I jailbreak?

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Warranty is off today, I expect. I got the IP4 on release day. Never jailbroke my 3GS, what's going to win me over to jailbreak my current phone? I've never had any issues with standard iOS, my device never wiped, never lost any apps, never had any problems (apart from that one problem when it failed to take an update and I had to DFU it to get it to take)...what's in it for me? (I don't want to lose my Angry Birds' high scores! ;))

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
lol, really? i jailbroke mine within 5 days of having it. you just restore in itunes and take in and seeing the jailbreak is all software they can't tell its been jailbroken.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...to be honest, at this rate, you might as well wait for iOS 5, no? The main thing I want is a new and better notifications system.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
...to be honest, at this rate, you might as well wait for iOS 5, no? The main thing I want is a new and better notifications system.

My assumption was that iOS5 is likely to coincide with iPhone 5, which intend to upgrade to anyway. So I thought for a short time I could see what this jailbreaking malarkey is all about.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
JB'ing doesn't void warranty. At least here in the US. You didn't have to wait.

I was given the impression by Apple Store folk that it would.
I suppose they're programmed that way.
Never mind, it's something I may have a go at next week, will all my current apps stay put?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was given the impression by Apple Store folk that it would.
I suppose they're programmed that way.
Never mind, it's something I may have a go at next week, will all my current apps stay put?

Apple went to court over it and lost. If your phone is bricked to to JB and it cant be recovered, they dont have to swap it. But here is one example.... I had my 3GS last year JB. I had a dead pixel and they didnt have any screen replacements. They swapped out the phone knowing it was JB without issuessince this was not caused from JB

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Took my wifes 3gs in yesterday because it would not always recognize a charging cable. Very aggrevating. I restored the phone the night before we took it in and still had the problem. I was at the genius bar all of ten minutes before he handed us a eplacement with no problems at all. It's already JB again, lol. My 4 has been JB for a couple months and will stay JB unless I need to take it in as well.

Tor answer you original question: sure. Try out things like SBSettings and BiteSMS now and if they are not that important, upgrade to ios 5 as soon as it drops.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have now done so, and no I don't.
Am enjoying extra icons on my screens and dock, and LockInfo so far.
not enjoying the extra lagginess of everything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2