Lockinfo 3.0 Theme: iOS 5 Style

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ashman just tweeted out that it's possible:
"Yes, but the image is called LILockscreenBG.png."

I'm at work--BLiNK, can you try it out? I assume you just need to create those images and drop them in the same com.ashman bundle...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's in the Winterboard theme folder...if memory is right it's Bundles>com.ashman.LockInfo
(it lives with all the plugin folders)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
success!! the only thing is there was an issue with the image you provided so i had to remove the light gray bar on top and all is good now

it appears there will be a v1.2 soon? to include bigger icons.. i am assuming we can just override the current setup?

please update this thread when that comes available

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Mind saving me a few minutes of work by posting your edited image? I'll keep an eye on v1.2...not sure if InfoShade will change in that or just lock screen notifications (to be more iOS 5 like).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
no problem. do you use popup blocker and how do you handle your badges?

personally, i use Popup Blocker then completely depend on statusbar icons and i use No Badges

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I use a mix of things...mostly badges and statusbar icons. Still use a pop up for Bite though.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
oh i forgot, i do use bite as a popup as well. due to me texting way too much, i need the fastest way available

anyways, thank for the help and thanks for posting this. i now have a new interest in LI again and hopefully it will stay this way until the Final Release of iOS 5 gets here!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No problem, this has reinvigorated my own interest in LI. By the way, I took those backgrounds (SD and HD) and scaled them back to the regular size after getting rid of the transparency. Not sure if it really makes much of a difference but thought I'd throw them out there; here they are if you'd like them.

Reactions: urowgn

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No problem, this has reinvigorated my own interest in LI. By the way, I took those backgrounds (SD and HD) and scaled them back to the regular size after getting rid of the transparency. Not sure if it really makes much of a difference but thought I'd throw them out there; here they are if you'd like them.

swapped it out and it does appear it is better. thank you sir!

Version 1.2 is out! Link here. Seems like you still need to add the LILockscreenBG.png images though.

have you updated to this and what does it involve?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
nevermind. just updated and added the new LILockscreenBG.png image. icons are indeed bigger and better!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm confused re: the new readme file at the bottom, it reads:

- In Settings/LockInfo/A?adidos/LockWeather, activate the option "Theme background"

any idea?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I saw that but I don't use the lockweather plugin, so haven't looked into it. Maybe it themes the background to match the rest?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yep that's what it is and it works. however i do not use the weather plugin either so i removed it..

T-ulk

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
485ef2d5-c44b-4279.jpg

I m loving this theme!
2 issues though -
1. when I open LI in landscape view the "textured" background does not stretch the entire screen? (see screenshot)

2. any way to make the top bar (one with carrier logo) to resemble the "textured" background of LI?

thanks!

Last edited:

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Can this tweak be released thru Cydia? I'm not to good with doing the current required steps to install this so being able to download straight thru Cydia would be great!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can this tweak be released thru Cydia? I'm not to good with doing the current required steps to install this so being able to download straight thru Cydia would be great!

That's up to the guy who came up with it...it could happen. FWIW it's pretty easy to install unless (like me) you then want to start messing around to customize it even more. But for a basic version it's pretty easy, and it comes with a text file that gives instructions.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of customizing things: I wanted to replace the default Lockinfo files for LIOptionsBG and LIOptionsBG@2x with files that match the theme.

Here are the images if anyone wants to use them:

LIOptionsBG.png

LIOptionsBG@2x.png

Edit: Added these with a shadow effect

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2