Details and Release Times for iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Details and Release Times for iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak

The Dev Team will be releasing the official untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 very soon. As you might have already heard, the jailbreak was teased on Twitter yesterday.

Today, it has been confirmed that the official release will drop in less than 24 hours.

The 4.3.1 jailbreak will be available through a new version of RedSn0w and PwnageTool. RedSn0w will be available on Windows and Mac OS X. PwnageTool, like always, will be available on the Mac. PwnageTool will be the tool needed for those wishing to preserve their unlocked baseband.

If you already have the tethered jailbreak from the latest Sn0wBreeze beta, you shouldn?t need to do a full restore.

To be safe, make sure you backup your packages. If you need an unlock on 4.3.1, you?ll need a custom .ipsw file. No attention has been paid by the Dev Team to a new unlock.

The untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 will be compatible with all iDevices, except for the iPad 2.

The new versions of RedSn0w and PwnageTool are scheduled to be released at GMT-8. That translates to:

* 12 AM Pacific Time
* 1 AM Mountain Time
* 2 AM Central Time
* 3 AM Eastern Time

The Dev Team should release their jailbreak at midnight tonight on the west coast.

Stay tuned to iDB for breaking news on the upcoming jailbreak. We?ll have release announcements and tutorials for you once the jailbreak is released.

not exactly sure where this has been confirmed at. also, i cannot believe they put out a scheduled time for this.. odd

guess we'll see..

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
true....but releasing a jailbreak as if it were a HUGE iOS launch is kinda wierd. But I guess when you're the only ones that have one out there you can do whatever you want with it =P

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
true....but releasing a jailbreak as if it were a HUGE iOS launch is kinda wierd. But I guess when you're the only ones that have one out there you can do whatever you want with it =P

They announce the JB's many times. Not out of the norm.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Where can I get the 4.3.1 ispw file?

I googled and cant find the file by itself. Just some other things that dosen't contain the ispw file

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iClarified - Apple News - iPhone Dev-Team Releases Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1

What exactly is Pwnage Tool for Mac for? And do I need it if I decide to jailbreak on a Windows computer? I previously jailbroke with Greenpois0n on my Mac. But I may have messed something up because my Mac would refuse to restore ANY of my iDevices. So I was thinking it might be better to use a Windows machine rather than my Mac.

If you have a Mac you didn't need to use Greenpois0n in the first place. I personally prefer pwnage tool but that is my personal bias. The difference with Pwnage Tool is it's only for Mac. It creates a hacked ipsw this is the OS software. It will wipe your phone when using it because unlike some of the other tools you're reloading the OS. So before you begin make sure you do a backup and sync. I have always used pwnage tool for 4 years now and I have never had a problem with the process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2