Brand new ipad 1st gen with 4.2.1 help

jonapga

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, this is my first post here in the tipb forums.

I just bought a AT&T 16GB ipad 1st gen and I spend all day reading the forums about jailbreaking and and all the cool stuff that it lets you do. I think I am ready to jailbreak but I want some clarification in a few things. I am not completely new to customization, I currently own a rooted fascinate.

can I still get my 4.2.1 SHSH blobs sign by apple now that 4.3.1 is out?

is GreenPoison the most stable untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1? I have read that redsnow is unstable.

I understand is is very critical to save the SHSH blobs before updating firmware, is there other critical steps that I should follow before or as soon as i jailbreak? anything that must be done to revert back?

I will be following this tipb guide, is it up to date?
tipb.com/2011/02/04/jailbreak-ios-421-untethered-greenpois0n-mac-users/

any other suggestions or me?

I have a pc, no mac, does greenpoison 4.2.1 jailbreak work with pcs?

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What firmware is your iPad on? if the iPad is on 4.2 then it has been signed by Apple. You can save the SHSH blobs either by going into Cydia after the JB and clicking make my life easier. You can also use Tiny Umbrella possibly now I've never done it so I don't know if you have to be JBen or not. Yes Greenpois0n is very stable but you should search the forums for the problems others have experienced and how to fix them. There is nothing special to do just make sure you perform a backup and sync before you start. I personally prefer using pwnage tool but Greenpois0n worked fine.

jonapga

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
What firmware is your iPad on? if the iPad is on 4.2 then it has been signed by Apple. You can save the SHSH blobs either by going into Cydia after the JB and clicking make my life easier. You can also use Tiny Umbrella possibly now I've never done it so I don't know if you have to be JBen or not. Yes Greenpois0n is very stable but you should search the forums for the problems others have experienced and how to fix them. There is nothing special to do just make sure you perform a backup and sync before you start. I personally prefer using pwnage tool but Greenpois0n worked fine.

Thanks just completed jailbreaking, yeah I did have 4.2.1. saved my shsh blobs and backed up ipad prior to JB. Should be set, now to customize!

jonapga

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that tinyumbrella saved my blobs for 4.3.1 not for 4.2.1.

I am wondering if I missed the window to save my blobs?

Like I said the ipad came with 4.2.1 and I JB it the day I got it, and saved my shsh blobs that same day. today I went to look at tinyumbrella and only 4.3.1 is listed (I am in 4.2.1 and never updated).

Why did it save the blobs for an update I am not on?