Successfully JB my 3GS on Windows. I was worried. On 4.1 GreenPoison for me absolutely wouldnt work. Try after try after try and had to go the Limerain route. But this time GreenPoison was perfect. I even activated phone first before jailbreak. Some say not to activate your phone before the jailbreak. But for me its always seemed to work best and smoother. I've been jailbreaking since July 09 and I gotta say 4.1 Limerain was the most buggy by far. At least for me. Hopefully GreenPoison is good to me.
    02-08-2011 08:44 PM
    NO!!!! do not upgrade via iTunes this will upgrade your baseband. When you need to unlock you need to look out for pwnage tool or redsn0w. The pwnage tool has been updated fkr 4.2 so if you don't have a Mac PM me and I can try to help you out. If you have a Mac look up the process on redmondpie.com using pwnage tool 4.1.3

The people who have problems with GP I've said it before if your computer is connected to the web via Wifi connect directly to your internet connection. Mine didn't work for me at work but worked fine and quick at home. I'm guessing maybe firewall might have been the issue. So give it a try.
    Tried to PM you but I only have 2 posts and i need 15...could you please give me the steps on the forum???

As I mentioned earlier, I have a 3GS with 4.1 BB 05.14.02.

What are the steps to follow to jailbreak and unlock.

How to upgrade the version without the Baseband and how to unlock.????.

Thanks for your help.

JP
    02-09-2011 07:55 AM
    Tried to PM you but I only have 2 posts and i need 15...could you please give me the steps on the forum???

As I mentioned earlier, I have a 3GS with 4.1 BB 05.14.02.

What are the steps to follow to jailbreak and unlock.

How to upgrade the version without the Baseband and how to unlock.????.

Thanks for your help.

JP
    BB 05.14.02 (iOS 4.1) can't be unlocked and neither can BB 05.15.04 (iOS 4.2). You will need to upgrade to the iPad BB. Keep in mind though that if you do this you can't update the firmware with iTunes. It will not recognize your BB and not allow you to update.

My old 3gs already had 4.2 installed so to unlock mine I searched YouTube for "unlocking 3GS 4.2 with redsn0w" and picked the video with the most views. Then I re-jailbroke on top of redsn0w with Greenpois0n so I can have an untethered JB.

I've already unlocked 5 3GS this way but had a bit of a hard time jailbreaking the newer model 3GS with redsn0w but I got them working. I had to do a tethered reboot a few times to get cydia updated & working properly. The newer models are the ones made on the 45th week or later (redsn0w will show you how to find out your model when you JB).
    02-09-2011 02:45 PM
    BB 05.14.02 (iOS 4.1) can't be unlocked and neither can BB 05.15.04 (iOS 4.2). You will need to upgrade to the iPad BB. Keep in mind though that if you do this you can't update the firmware with iTunes. It will not recognize your BB and not allow you to update.

My old 3gs already had 4.2 installed so to unlock mine I searched YouTube for "unlocking 3GS 4.2 with redsn0w" and picked the video with the most views. Then I re-jailbroke on top of redsn0w with Greenpois0n so I can have an untethered JB.

I've already unlocked 5 3GS this way but had a bit of a hard time jailbreaking the newer model 3GS with redsn0w but I got them working. I had to do a tethered reboot a few times to get cydia updated & working properly. The newer models are the ones made on the 45th week or later (redsn0w will show you how to find out your model when you JB).
    OK...so redsn0w... will upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.1 with Ipad BB 06.....then if it is untethered..great ...if not then run Greenpois0n to untethered...great ...thanks for everyone's help and especially for you ScreenToucher..

JP
    02-09-2011 07:43 PM
    What are some of the best jailbroke app to use
    02-10-2011 06:17 AM
    That's a whole other thread(s). A little searching will yield great results.
    02-10-2011 07:46 AM
    So I'm running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with GreenPoision. The baseband or "Modem Firmware" is 03.10.01 -- is there any way I can unlock the phone??? I've read through the thread but there are a lotta numbers thrown out here I'm not sure whats what anymore. If someone can tell me if it can be done I'll do whatever reading I need to do to figure out how, but at this point I just need to know if it can be done..

From what I understand it can be if I upgrade to iPad's Baseband... but then I can never upgrade through iTunes again... isn't that a problem? If I do that, how would I upgrade in the future when apple releases new firmwares?

Is there any way to unlock 03.10.01 without going screwing with the ability to update through itunes in the future?

Thanks in advance!
    02-10-2011 01:26 PM
    So I'm running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with GreenPoision. The baseband or "Modem Firmware" is 03.10.01 -- is there any way I can unlock the phone??? I've read through the thread but there are a lotta numbers thrown out here I'm not sure whats what anymore. If someone can tell me if it can be done I'll do whatever reading I need to do to figure out how, but at this point I just need to know if it can be done..

From what I understand it can be if I upgrade to iPad's Baseband... but then I can never upgrade through iTunes again... isn't that a problem? If I do that, how would I upgrade in the future when apple releases new firmwares?

Is there any way to unlock 03.10.01 without going screwing with the ability to update through itunes in the future?

Thanks in advance!
    Judging by your baseband, it seems you have an iPhone 4. So far the only iPhone 4 baseband that can be unlocked is 1.59.00 which I believe comes with iOS 4.0. So cross your fingers and wait for 4.3 :P . You can probably downgrade if you saved your ssh blobs while you were on 4.0. See Farbod's "READ BEFORE POSTING" sticky on how to do this.
    02-10-2011 01:48 PM
    here are some of my favorite apps/tweaks

biteSMS

ModMyi.com | LockInfo

ModMyi.com | FullScreen for Safari

Gridlock

i4 Carbon SBSettings Theme 1.0-1 | iWatcher.net
    02-10-2011 02:39 PM
    I jailbroke my iPod touch. 4.2.1 greenpois0n
    02-10-2011 05:16 PM
    My iPhone 3gs version 4.0.2 is already jailbroken using limera1n. Is it possible to use itunes to load the latest iOS and rejailbreak it using greenpois0n? Will I also be able to unlock it again? I believe we used redsn0w to unlock it. Thanks.
    I would also like to ask if there is any benefit to installing the latest iOS?
    Last edited by quicksilver; 02-10-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    02-10-2011 07:14 PM
    Guys someone is reporting in a different thread that iBooks is no longer working after jb with gp. Any of you experience this?
    Absolutely. I'm getting rid of JB because I need to be able to read my ebooks more than I need a fancy lockscreen or to see weather in my status bar, but still I would love to have both JB and iBooks. I wonder if Apple did this on purpose with their new release of iBooks? Not all ebooks are affected, but enough of them are that I have to get rid of JB.
    Last edited by Microcosmos; 02-10-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    02-10-2011 10:45 PM
    It appears to only be the DRM purchased books bought through iBooks.
    02-10-2011 11:33 PM
    Absolutely. I'm getting rid of JB because I need to be able to read my ebooks more than I need a fancy lockscreen or to see weather in my status bar, but still I would love to have both JB and iBooks. I wonder if Apple did this on purpose with their new release of iBooks? Not all ebooks are affected, but enough of them are that I have to get rid of JB.
    Chronic Dev knows about the issue. I'm wondering what version of Greenpois0n did you use. We know that b2 had did issue. Which one did you use?
    02-11-2011 12:57 AM
    if i had to choose from biteSMS, LockInfo etc.. or iBooks?

bye-bye iBooks
    02-11-2011 01:34 AM
    if i had to choose from biteSMS, LockInfo etc.. or iBooks?

bye-bye iBooks
    I have to agree. If I need an eReader, there's numerous choices. Kindle and B&N are the two that I use the most.
    02-11-2011 01:45 AM
    Chronic Dev knows about the issue. I'm wondering what version of Greenpois0n did you use. We know that b2 had did issue. Which one did you use?
    Wow it would be great if they could fix this! I used the Windows version of Greenpois0n, the folder says gp_win_rc5_b2. Is there a newer version already, or are they working on it? Either way, that's excellent news, thanks!
    02-11-2011 11:07 PM
    How many times is acceptable to restart Springboard before you un-jailbreak your phone do you think?
    02-12-2011 01:37 PM
    Ok i tried this and now it wont work cant get my phone to turn on or anything says its in recovery mode how do i get out?
    02-12-2011 06:36 PM
    Greenpois0n RC6 supporting Apple TVs just released. GreenPois0n
    02-12-2011 08:07 PM
    It is soooo wonderful to finally have the "freedom" to upgrade. I didn't realize how many updates were in 4.x.

My iPad now syncs like a beast. Fast as hell. I am amazed.

My iPad is now recognized by my car stereo as an iPod. So I can now control music from the iPad through the car stereo. Early adopters of the iPad may recall that this was not so at launch - and my stereo was brand new then.

Wi-Fi connectivity is better, now. Before the iPad was finicky about which networks it would join. Now, it (so far) seems to like them all. Hopefully this lasts.

And, of course, there are the "regular" benefits of 4.x: fast app switching, filtering in iTunes/App Store, etc.
    02-15-2011 07:07 AM
    SOo, I have a 3GS, on 4.2.1 with the iPad baseband, (so I could unlock it for a friend). Since the new hacks have been released. Is there anything I can do to get the baseband back to were it needs to be? Not a huge deal right now........ Just curious.
    thanks
    02-16-2011 09:48 AM
    I just bought a ViP4 and it has 4.2.6. Can I use this program?
    04-10-2011 10:44 PM
    I just bought a ViP4 and it has 4.2.6. Can I use this program?
    yes you may! download it from greenpois0n.com and make sure it's RC6.1, so you don't run into any issues.
    04-11-2011 10:06 AM
174 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD