My Cydia is empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
This is kinda weird, i went to go into Cydia and it loads up like normal! The homescreen is normal, i noticed at the top where it usually have my blobs, (4.1, 42b.3, 4.2.1) etc.. are no longer there! if i go under sections or changes, nothing loads! Both areas are empty! under sections i get the "all packages" but it's empty! if i go under manage, i have no packages and no sources! Is there a fix for this? Did i do something to cause this? Any help would greatly be appreciated! thanks in advance!

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
well i did i a little research, thank you google, and solved my own problem! In case this happens to anyone else ( if your cydia crashes ), you can fix the problem without rejailbreaking! You can simply use "Ifile", go into "var", then go into "lib", then into "apt", and finally into "lists"! click on "edit" in the top right corner and then double click the "partial" folder! A red circle with an white check mark should appear down the left side ( on every item on the list)! click on the "partial" folder again to make the red cirle with white check mark disappear next to the partial foldder and then delete everything else! once again do not delete the "partial" folder. now you can go back into cydia, refresh and everything should be back to normal! well at least it worked for me!

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. :(

I've tried using the above steps, but if I want to add another source or install something I get this error: Problem Parsing Dependency Pre-depends.

Last edited:

merceken

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
well i did i a little research, thank you google, and solved my own problem! In case this happens to anyone else ( if your cydia crashes ), you can fix the problem without rejailbreaking! You can simply use "Ifile", go into "var", then go into "lib", then into "apt", and finally into "lists"! click on "edit" in the top right corner and then double click the "partial" folder! A red circle with an white check mark should appear down the left side ( on every item on the list)! click on the "partial" folder again to make the red cirle with white check mark disappear next to the partial foldder and then delete everything else! once again do not delete the "partial" folder. now you can go back into cydia, refresh and everything should be back to normal! well at least it worked for me!

Cydia is not loading after a recent restore so I can't install any apps. no ssh, iphone browser won't recognise my jb. WHAT NOW??????????

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same problem. The solution above (by mascott) did not work completely. It works as in showing the packages and sources I had, but when I went to "Changes" Cydia would crash. So I put the files back where they were. And went back to cydia. (rebooting after making those changes of course).

Went back to sources, it was blank, I added the repo666.ultrasn0w.com source. Even though it was there before. Then behold, the original "factory" cydia sources were back.

I just had to add the ones I installed myself again. And now everything is back to normal.

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
I've been having the same problem. :(

I've tried using the above steps, but if I want to add another source or install something I get this error: Problem Parsing Dependency Pre-depends.

i'm still on 4.1, and i haven't tried to add any new sources yet! i'm far from an expect when it come to jailbreaking and issues associated with it! but i googled my problem and i found the above solution! i tried it and it worked! hopefully someone can come to your aid and lend you some support!

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
Cydia is not loading after a recent restore so I can't install any apps. no ssh, iphone browser won't recognise my jb. WHAT NOW??????????

i wish i could help you! i'm new to all of this myself! there is an person by the name of "Farbod" if i'm not mistaking that has helped me before on here!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Reloaded cydia as Saurik tweeted today.
Everything seems fine so far.
:):):)

i am glad that saurik acknowledged there being an issue. when this happened to me i made attempts to fix it and then finally restored (as new) and re-jailbroke

i am a little OCD so i wanted to start "fresh" again :D

Auburnfan99

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. I did the greenpois0n jb on 4.2 yesterday. Curia worked fine for a little while and then, all at once- my sources and installed pkgs disappeared. Can't add a source either. Curia is essentially useless now. I have tried all of the tricks mentioned in this thread with no luck

SaMINSHINee

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
can anyone help?
MY CYDIA IS TOTALLY blank even the repo names are gone like modmyi and bigboss.
i restored my iphone and deleted some files through iFile but its still blank
please help!:concern:

Shani 69

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
can anyone help?
MY CYDIA IS TOTALLY blank even the repo names are gone like modmyi and bigboss.
i restored my iphone and deleted some files through iFile but its still blank
please help!:concern:

i restored my ipad 2 as well since then after rejailbreaking, i opened cydia and everything had dissappeared, so sad i am :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2