4.2.1 untethered is almost here...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait. Being tethered suckss

how? i've been tethered for a couple of weeks now and no problems at all, so far..

i am able to do a tethered reboot at work and home if needed. up to date i have not needed to use either one

iP4 iOS 4.2.1

colemaneuclid

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've come across a few bugs, crashes, and other frustrations since using the tethered JB. Wifi disconnecting frequently, springboard crashing randomly and going into safe mode, errors when one app opens a link to another. The 4.1 greenpoison JB was much more stable. I never had any troubles.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
how? i've been tethered for a couple of weeks now and no problems at all, so far..

i am able to do a tethered reboot at work and home if needed. up to date i have not needed to use either one

iP4 iOS 4.2.1

I work for AT&T, so the day I put redsnow on my work computer is the day I don't work for AT&T anymore lol

I can say being tethered sucks for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
unless i am completely missing something it should not "suck" for anyone..

yeah once the device is jailbroken there are a few tethered reboots that need to be done to load the proper programs, but after that it's just resprings, which have no effect(s) on the tethered state

keep the device charged, do not unnecessarily reboot, and if not comfortable, keep all "tweaking" for when you are able to do a tethered reboot (if needed)

i've gone 2 weeks, so far, and not had to reboot or any issues with charging the device when needed

i don't understand, do people let their batteries run out of charge and reboot their device for fun?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
unless i am completely missing something it should not "suck" for anyone..

yeah once the device is jailbroken there are a few tethered reboots that need to be done to load the proper programs, but after that it's just resprings, which have no effect(s) on the tethered state

keep the device charged, do not unnecessarily reboot, and if not comfortable, keep all "tweaking" for when you are able to do a tethered reboot (if needed)

i've gone 2 weeks, so far, and not had to reboot or any issues with charging the device when needed

i don't understand, do people let their batteries run out of charge and reboot their device for fun?

I agree. I have been using the tethered version of redsn0w for a few weeks now, and its not all that bad to maintain.

colemaneuclid

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
After initial setup there really aren't many reasons at all to re boot. Although resetting my wifi settings caused a reboot and a trip upstairs to the computer. But for some reason the springboard crashes randomly quite often on me so I'm going back to stock for a while.

Artstar

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's an update for those of you who haven't found out otherwise. I've been using the latest beta from the redsn0w team (beta #4) and it seems my untethered iPad is operating very smoothly albeit a bug with reading free books in the iBooks app. No big deal for me since I didn't buy it for that as it's more often than not attached to my drum kit for the AC-7 Core app.

That's where it's at so far.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Me personally, a tethered JB will not suffice, because there have been times when I have had to reboot the phone to sort out glitches where a respring wouldn't or hasn't helped.

The ease and convenience of being untethered wins over; at least for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Me personally, a tethered JB will not suffice, because there have been times when I have had to reboot the phone to sort out glitches where a respring wouldn't or hasn't helped.

The ease and convenience of being untethered wins over; at least for me.

well it is better than nothing, really. of course in a perfect world i choose untethered but i am just dealing with what is in front of me. to be honest it is not all those horrific "things" that people, who do not know what the hell they are doing, are posting daily on forums all over the web

now, to put things in perspective would you rather have a vanilla device or jailbroken tethered device?

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I want to Jailbreak again, seeing I had to give up my old 3Gs last sunday because it wouldn't power up and I couldn't restore it before I took it to apple, It just died. Wouldn't charge up or anything. But I am worried that the same thing might happen again...I miss my Bite Sms.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you have v4.2.1 and attempt to jailbreak it after which it died?

Nope It was my old 3gs which was running 4.1 and Limera1n.

It has survived all previous Jailbreaks before, I think I'd know the difference between not being able to Jailbreak versions now after a whole year of having started off in November 2009 with tethered Blackra1n jailbreak, then a Spirit and Jailbreakme, and finally Limera1n or Greenpoison. My Laptop's itunes was set to not update automatically in itunes...I know what i'm doing bud.

Last edited:

Artstar

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Defensive upon impact I see. Nobody's doubting your abilities. I'm just curious as to how various iDevices have been reacting to the redsn0w public beta testing. Relax.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Wow. Defensive upon impact I see. Nobody's doubting your abilities. I'm just curious as to how various iDevices have been reacting to the redsn0w public beta testing. Relax.

Sorry...I wont use anything that's in beta anyway..prefer to wait until something's out of it before I use it on my device...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77