Hi everyone! Which do you think is better? I'm debating weather to download backgrounder with pro switcher or multiflow or just leave it. How's the battery life with backgrounder? Do you see a difference? And one more thing....if I download it, how would that work? With backgrounder and pro switcher AND Apples multitasking.

Thanks in advanced!

Stef
    12-06-2010 08:18 PM
    12-06-2010 09:24 PM
    Thanks! This helped a lot, I'm going to leave and use apples multitasking. So far it's good but I wish ALL apps used it.

Thanks again!

Stef
    12-06-2010 10:05 PM
    IOS multitasking.
    it have multi-tasking off by default ; warn it may decrease battery life or affect performance if turned on (ala "3G")- mine~
    12-06-2010 10:14 PM
    I went ahead and turned multi tasking off on my iPhone 4 with MyOS to see a difference in battery life. I've noticed a slight increase; I can tell the phone runs a little faster when opening & closing applications.
    12-07-2010 02:59 PM
    I like the multitasking. I think they did a pretty decent job on this and my battery tends to last me all day anyway.
    12-07-2010 03:30 PM
    TiPb actually just released a Daily tip yesterday on how to get the best out of your iOS multitasking experience using both the native multitasking and Backgrounder. Daily Tip: How to customize iPhone and iPad multitasking [Jailbreak] | TiPb
    12-10-2010 11:28 AM
    i used to use backgrounder before ios4.0 came out with multitasking and i just use the multitasking as its legit and is perfect just as good as backgrounder except its not an extra thing to install and its legit
    12-23-2010 10:00 AM
    Backgrounder was very necessary under 3.x but I don't find myself wanting it in 4.x. The last state used thing naively does what I want and doesn't get closed on me. Backgrounder used to quit a lot when the OS needed memory.

Now that all the apps I care about native support 4.x multitasking life is good and I don't need backgrounder at all. If you find yourself using backgrounder for something these days you should likely bug the dev for native support updates IMO.
    12-23-2010 12:51 PM
    I just use the stock multitasker in combo with SwitcherPlus! SwitcherPlus lets you close all multitasked apps at once, except ones you specify it not to. I have it close all apps except email, phone, and bitesms! Works great!
    12-26-2010 05:31 PM
    Backgrounder was very necessary under 3.x but I don't find myself wanting it in 4.x. The last state used thing naively does what I want and doesn't get closed on me. Backgrounder used to quit a lot when the OS needed memory.

Now that all the apps I care about native support 4.x multitasking life is good and I don't need backgrounder at all. If you find yourself using backgrounder for something these days you should likely bug the dev for native support updates IMO.
    I have backgrounder running on my iPhone 4 but only for apps that dont support iOS4 multitasking, such as Twitter for iPhone. Via Backgrounder, Twitter keeps running in the background as well as updating my stream of tweets from those im following.
    12-26-2010 07:22 PM
    Native iOS 4 multitasking.
    01-01-2011 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD