Alright guys and Gals Im new to the Jailbreak world so be easy on me. Ive been secretely "Lurking"

So this being said.. Where do I start when it comes to Jailbreaking? I know OS 4.X is coming out in December but much like 4.2 I doubt itll do anything too new.
    11-26-2010 07:13 AM
    Alright guys and Gals Im new to the Jailbreak world so be easy on me. Ive been secretely "Lurking"

So this being said.. Where do I start when it comes to Jailbreaking? I know OS 4.X is coming out in December but much like 4.2 I doubt itll do anything too new.
    If you have not updated to 4.2.1 you can go to Limera1n.com or greenpois0n.com to jailbreak. If you updated to 4.2.1 then you need to use redsnow from here; Dev-Team Blog read ALL the instructions and information before you jailbreak 4.2.1 as the iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 is a tethered only jailbreak right now.

After jailbreaking open the Limera1n icon on your iphone and install Cydia and enjoy.
    11-26-2010 08:21 AM
    If you have not updated to 4.2.1 you can go to Limera1n.com or greenpois0n.com to jailbreak. If you updated to 4.2.1 then you need to use redsnow from here; Dev-Team Blog read ALL the instructions and information before you jailbreak 4.2.1 as the iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 is a tethered only jailbreak right now.

After jailbreaking open the Limera1n icon on your iphone and install Cydia and enjoy.
    Yeah I'm on 4.2.1 and I've read the Tethered only option thats scares me a bit for now. WHo knows where my phone will lose power at.

Any ETA on untethered option?
    11-26-2010 08:37 AM
    i am new and would like to jb my iphone 4. lately i had update to ios 4.2.1 and not done any related to my SHSH, my plan to unlock (switch to other service provider) properly 3-4 years later, therefore should i use redsnow ? if i need downgrade to original condition 4.2.1, will it possible? cause may be i need some warranty issue since jb will void warranty, correct me if i am wrong. thanks for helping . Happy Thanksgiving day
    11-26-2010 11:29 AM
    i am new and would like to jb my iphone 4. lately i had update to ios 4.2.1 and not done any related to my SHSH, my plan to unlock (switch to other service provider) properly 3-4 years later, therefore should i use redsnow ? if i need downgrade to original condition 4.2.1, will it possible? cause may be i need some warranty issue since jb will void warranty, correct me if i am wrong. thanks for helping . Happy Thanksgiving day
    You cannot downgrade to 4.1 or lower if you have not backed up you SHSH. I'm sure in 3-4 years they'll have an unlock by the . I would stay away from trying to Jailbreak a 4.2.1 iphone using redsn0w for now, since it is a tethered jailbreak.
    11-26-2010 12:12 PM
    thanks happy holiday
    11-26-2010 12:15 PM
    I share similar thoughts as above... as with jb phone i do install various weird items and some of them "mess" with the phone that i may have to restart or safe mode it and reboot so a tethered jb would not be very convenient.

I am going to wait it out to go to 4.2 until untethered solution is available.
    11-26-2010 04:50 PM
    Yeah I'll wait for pwnage tool before I JB my iPhone and iPad. The JB masters are usually pretty quick so just B patient.
    11-26-2010 05:24 PM
    Now that AirVideoEnabler app is available at Cydia, I really want the untethered jb for my iPhone4.
    11-26-2010 06:10 PM
    Now that AirVideoEnabler app is available at Cydia, I really want the untethered jb for my iPhone4.
    I hear that! I am way too impatient for this stuff haha!
    11-27-2010 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD