[How to] Jailbreak for several iDevices on iOS 4.1

Saerdna

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading through the forums and many people might find this helpful.
Note that this is for Windows users since a Mac version was already done by using Redsnow.

A safe and trustworthy Jailbreak is available for iOS 4.1 on several iDevices. Unfortunately if you own an iPhone 4, you should still be patient for the greenpois0n jailbreak from ChronicDev Team.

The corresponding video on how to do this can be found on youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM

The main programs for this jailbreak are Sn0wbreeze 2.0 & iReb. You can download the programs that correspond to your iDevice from the description of the above video.

Unfortunately I created an image and added links for you ease while typing this blog yet I'm not eligible on posting them due to post count.
If you have any questions feel free to point them out on this topic and I'll be happy to assist you. I have successfully jailbroken my iPhone 3G via that method and everything works just fine.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If you are only official 4.1 firmware, Redsnow JB only works for 3G and iPod Touch 2G.

To use Snowbreeze or pwnagetool => installing custom firmware, you phone needs to be already pwned JB = accept unsigned code. The last pwned JBs are Redsnow 3.1.2 and Spirit 3.1.3 + Spirit2pwn (Cydia).

Thus, there is currently NO 4.1 JB for "many devices."

Saerdna

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I must disagree with you myzhi. My phone was not jailbroken or whatsoever. And it was updated on 4.1 initially.

You can create a custom firmware with Snowbreeze via the 4.1 version of either 2G, 3G, 3GS and set your phone in a pwned stage via iReb. Then implement the custom firmware with iTunes and voila.

Hence, there is for a couple of iDevices.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I must disagree with you myzhi. My phone was not jailbroken or whatsoever. And it was updated on 4.1 initially.

You can create a custom firmware with Snowbreeze via the 4.1 version of either 2G or 3G and set your phone in a pwned stage via iReb. Then implement the custom firmware with iTunes and voila.

Hence, there is for a couple of iDevices.

As I already stated, it only works on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. You just repeated what I said. The reason it works for those devices because Apple hasn't close the exploit use since before 3.0 for those devices. At this point, we can safely assume Apple has given up try to secure those devices and they are possible to JB for life, ala IPhone 2G.

Last edited:

Saerdna

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
iPod 2G, iPod 3G, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS are quite a few devices that could perfectly work on an jailbroken iOS 4.1 to be perfectly honest. We are excluding the latest products. Many (including myself) was looking for a secure jb for iOS 4.1

And just to get something clear, when you set your iDevice in a pwned state. It's not JB. It's in a clean state to accept any .ispw - that being custom or restored from iTunes.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
iPod 2G, iPod 3G, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS are quite a few devices that could perfectly work on an jailbroken iOS 4.1 to be perfectly honest. We are excluding the latest products. Many (including myself) was looking for a secure jb for iOS 4.1

And just to get something clear, when you set your iDevice in a pwned state. It's not JB. It's in a clean state to accept any .ispw - that being custom or restored from iTunes.

About this "...quite a few devices that could perfectly work on an jailbroken iOS 4.1...," that wasn't the issue. What I said was if you are on official 4.1 firmware, you can only currently JB it if you are on a Iphone 3G or Ipod Touch 2G. As for Ipod, I don't have one, and thus, have no clue what possible JB are out there for them. You are in wrong forum if you want to talk about them.

As for pwning, it's part of JBing process. Unless, you can show us something that pwns phone without need for JB.

Saerdna

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Its funny how things can be twisted to complicated discussions when in-fact they are so simple in their nature.

Bottom line my dear myzhi. You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 on those iDevices mentioned above one way or the other. That was what was said in the first post anyway. This is to let people that would like to do so on their iDevice which is included in the list.

I am not sure what your argument is about since at the end of the day you agreed to it. Maybe an increased post count or something, I'm not really interested though.

The intention of this post as said before is to let them know they can be on iOS 4.1 and still have a jailbroken "phone" for example. Other than that, you can discuss, define and judge the method all you like. Fact is, it works and its effective. ^^

PS: And how on earth is this the wrong forum? Another point for simply bubbling

Last edited:

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Your thread title makes it sound like people can JB while running the official 4.1 firmware on many devices, including 3GS, IP4 and so on. Many people are waiting for that news daily. Otherwise, you are just reposting old news.

I grow tired of people not answering / showing proof of what's asked and instead trying to change the topic at hand. I am done with his clown.

Last edited:
Reactions: farbod21

Saerdna

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
If you managed to read the first post of this topic you'd see that I mentioned the iPhone 4 situation. I believe you are the one re-posting since you've been repeating yourself all this time. The title indicates that you can be running on 4.1 and jailbroken no matter if its custom made. If you cannot comprehend that from the description of the title through the first post then you can keep on bubbling.

Ain't changing the topic or trying to. Stating what individuals like yourself usually do to act intellectual. Another proof is the usage of words such as "clown".

Good day :)

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
What you guys disagree on is just this. One says that 3GS cannot yet be jb and the others says yes it can. So,Saerdna, is your newly jb iOS 4.1 iphone a 3GS? Mine is - with the new bootrom, and I'd sure like to know!