is there a way to change a 4.0.1 boot logo?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
If your jailbroke. There is also an App "Logome" on Cydia. But, I'm not sure if it's compatable with 4.0.1 My wife installed it but not working...She didn't like my custom boot logo I installed on her iPhone.

AggiePhil

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless you're constantly restarting your phone (and IDK about you but I'm not), I wouldn't worry about it. I'd rather have one less JB app on my phone possibly meddling with things than have a cool boot logo that I'm only going to see for 20 seconds once a week. But...to each his own. ;)

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i am assuming that with the JailbreakMe JB that changing the boot logo may not work, since the boot logo is kind of replaced already with the inserted jailbreak code (the random colored pixels at boot).

Ludacrisvp

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
i am assuming that with the JailbreakMe JB that changing the boot logo may not work, since the boot logo is kind of replaced already with the inserted jailbreak code (the random colored pixels at boot).
It hasn't been replaced...
The random colored pixels are caused by the jailbreak code storing some information temporarily in the framebuffer memory during the boot process.

However regarding the OP I would also like to replace the logo, I may not see it all that often by actually rebooting the phone. But well actually everytime time the phone re-springs it shows the boot logo too so there is a point to change it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2