what will be the first thing u do after u jailbreak your iphone 4?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to figure out the necessity for tethering. Are we tethered to the interwebz so much so that we can't go a few hours until we get home or find a wifi hotspot? Plus, 3G is slow as balls anyway. What's the point?

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
BiteSMS. With all the changes in iOS4, that's really the only thing I miss at this point. I hate having to leave what I'm in to read/reply to an sms.

I know, right! And Bite implements this so well that it's a wonder as to why this has not been implemented by apple. I mean, if the people who make bite can make it work nearly flawless, why not apple. Shame really.

SBSettings is my most missed though. The ability toggle everything on and off in an instant got so essential to me. I listen to a ton of baseball and push notifications of scoring by my team tends to come sooner than the MLB app streams it. If I forget to turn off push notifications before a game (which I do without SBSettings) It sucks to see that notification pop up just before a critical play when you are listening to a tight game. And don't even get me started on turning bluetooth on and off, could it be buried any deeper, I think I saw Hoffa last time i toggled it on.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to figure out the necessity for tethering. Are we tethered to the interwebz so much so that we can't go a few hours until we get home or find a wifi hotspot? Plus, 3G is slow as balls anyway. What's the point?

Cause frequently when we're away for a few days there are no free WiFi hotspots. Tethering is a lifesaver.

I actually carry my VZW Centro with me when I go away so I'll be able to tether.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Some of us have jobs that require travel. Being able to remotely administer a server while traveling is a necessity for me. Tethering is a great alternative when there is no wifi hotspot available.

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys but when you bought the iPhone you entered into an agreement which states you don't jailbreak your phone.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. You don't have a right to do what you want with anything if you entered an agreement. I suggest you look the word up in a dictionary if it's too difficult to understand.

Simples...

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Sorry guys but when you bought the iPhone you entered into an agreement which states you don't jailbreak your phone.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. You don't have a right to do what you want with anything if you entered an agreement. I suggest you look the word up in a dictionary if it's too difficult to understand.

Simples...

w - r - o - n - g , wrong!

If you want to put down your dictionary for a minute and read the fine print (and we all know it's about the fine print now don't we) you would have noticed that if apple finds you with a jailbroken iPhone it does nothing other than void your warranty. And that is it. Jailbreaking, from a contractual sense, is kinda like pulling that warranty sticker off that video game console, nothing more, nothing less.

Dictionaries are awesome, but words by them self are almost meaningless.
It is what's written that matters.

Super Simples!

Last edited:

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Simples...

Not true entirely. True, you entered into an agreement. False, that the agreement was "you don't jailbreak your phone." True, jailbreaking is now legal.

All it does is void the warranty.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Why I can't wait to jailbreak....

-iBlacklist!!!!!
-Something to use FaceTalk through 3G
-SSH (so I can get into the directories and change the sms and email tone)

I dont care about much else.

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
marketsqhero,
such a failure post I honestly dont know where to begin.

Also it doesnt void anything. As long as you arent a moron and bring a jailbroken phone to apple you are fine. Restore it.

iName

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Why I can't wait to jailbreak....

-iBlacklist!!!!!
-Something to use FaceTalk through 3G
-SSH (so I can get into the directories and change the sms and email tone)

I dont care about much else.

FaceTime + 3G Unrestricter= amazing

i didnt even think of that before

tredstone

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
SbSettings
Wide Slider (makes the "Slide to unlock" tab wider)
Five Icon Dock
LockInfo

I'm sure there's more but those will for sure be the first I install.

I'm also looking forward to using sbsettings to reduce the number of times I need to click the home button. I find the multitasking manager is going to shorten the life of my home button with all those damn double clicks =P With sbsettings I should be able to to toggle wifi, orientation lock and who knows, maybe they'll release a toggle that opens/closes the multitasking thing all through swipe gestures.

tengence

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I miss infinidock and sbsettings, lockinfo was awesome though i think i had switched to element at that point. Iconoclasm was fun as well. And i miss my mtn dew battery :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77