Jailbreak imminent back up your shsh

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Rumors are flying on other sites that the new spirit jb will be released at any moment. On his twitter account Comex (developer of spirit) has stated people should start backing up their shsh blobs and that he has no intention of waiting till 4.1 is released . Here's hoping it sometime this week :)

ifone 3Gs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Enough of waiting....

I really appreciate the jailbrekers work but i had been waiting since 3 weeks now.... everyday they post a video or update that its coming.... its coming.... they should release it now or atleast announce a date.... :D

fogkeebler

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Cant Wait!

Waiting for a new jailbreak to come out for a new device is like going through the emotions when you know your about to loose your virginity.

Thanks to all the people who freely put their lives, families, and sometimes real jobs on hold to bring us these freedoms that apple should have given us from the get go, a big THANK YOU!!
:D

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3gs on 4.0.1. Do i need to back up SHSH in order to jailbreak when its released? I am not jailbroken right now, but was before I upgraded to iOS 4

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
biteSMS on 4.0 > quickreply.

especially with the crooked photo with the bitesms pop up. its sick.

biteSMS-feature-fw3-qr.png

biteSMS - Great Extra Features

Last edited:

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
thats what i did i just poof away the orginal and than shsh the bitesms icon to the messaging icon by renaming it.. if your lazy to do that cydia has a thing that does that but than it will make the icon ugly so you gotta do it for every theme you use.

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3gs on 4.0.1. Do i need to back up SHSH in order to jailbreak when its released? I am not jailbroken right now, but was before I upgraded to iOS 4

No, but you need to have them saved if you want/need to downgrade to an earlier os at a later time.

Example...you JB, then 4.2 (or whatever) comes out and you upgrade by accident or sheer curiosity. Then you lose your JB and want to revert back to an older version to recover your JB...well if you didnt backup and save your SHSH blobs YOU CANT!

So do it now, super easy with Firmware Umbrella.

bschroed37

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
@jay_g11: (are we) looking at hours, days, or weeks (for the new spirit jailbreak)? I understand if you don't answer, I wouldn't set a deadline. But maybe the above would stop nagging

@comex: days, I'm hoping
about 12 hours ago via Twitterrific

Last edited:

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
@jay_g11: (are we) looking at hours, days, or weeks (for the new spirit jailbreak)? I understand if you don't answer, I wouldn't set a deadline. But maybe the above would stop nagging

@comex: days, I'm hoping
about 12 hours ago via Twitterrific
man i hope so , I keep refreshing a few sites every now and then hoping to read JAILBREAK RELEASED !!!!

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The waiting is driving me crazy! LOL I am checking Tipb.com and comex on Twitter so much i ran my battery out for the first time in my iPhone! Gimmie Gimme already! ;p

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
But b/c it's a userland jailbreak it will NOT provide "hacktivation", so the phone must have been activated on a valid carrier prior to jailbreaking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl