Just saw on twitter that someone came up with a patch for 3gs users that are JB'd with spirit. You are supposed to pick this patch up at cydia and enables you to install iOS 4 and JB it. I haven't tried it yet, just wondering if anyone else has heard of it.

Spirit2Pwn: Hack Allows Users To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS With iOS 4, Which Is Already Jailbroken Using Spirit - iPhone Hacks
    07-03-2010 01:43 PM
    Says only if you have the OLD bootrom. People that jailbroke with Spirit b/c they didn't want a tethered jailbreak with Blackra1n are still out of luck for now.
    07-03-2010 01:48 PM
    And its a repost, already being discussed and 5 pages long.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbre...boot-ios4.html

No need to start another topic on it
    07-03-2010 02:34 PM
    And its a repost, already being discussed and 5 pages long.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbre...boot-ios4.html

No need to start another topic on it
    Ordinarily I agree, BUT...
    This describes a whole new method of using spirit2pwn. I think this deserves a LITTLE leeway. The guide being discussed in your link down loads spirit2pwn to the computer and extracts it where this article downloads from Cydia and runs locally. Same animal with different stripes. Perhaps this needs a little looking at?
    If I can figure out whi I keep getting kicked to safe mode and fix that I'll be trying this method and posting results.
    07-03-2010 02:45 PM
    Ordinarily I agree, BUT...
    This describes a whole new method of using spirit2pwn. I think this deserves a LITTLE leeway. The guide being discussed in your link down loads spirit2pwn to the computer and extracts it where this article downloads from Cydia and runs locally. Same animal with different stripes. Perhaps this needs a little looking at?
    If I can figure out whi I keep getting kicked to safe mode and fix that I'll be trying this method and posting results.
    Its not an all inclusive thing in cydia. That just downloads the files that you copy to your phone in the other guide.

Same exact process just a source now so you dont have to SSH into the phone for a step.
    07-03-2010 04:03 PM
    Fixed my safe mode issue so now I can try this patch
    First attempt:
    1. Installed patch through Cydia
    2. Downloaded sn0wbreeze1.6.x from the website
    3. pointed it to a 4.0IPSW I had downloaded yesterday.
    4. sn0breeze says this IPSW is not valid. Hmmm.

More to follow
    07-03-2010 04:04 PM
    Ahhh crap... posted that attempt before reading previous response. Started in the middle of the process then. drat.
    Then I agree with ringer... move to existing post.
    </thread>
    07-03-2010 04:05 PM
    4. sn0breeze says this IPSW is not valid. Hmmm.

More to follow
    Make sure you are using 1.6.2 as .1 will give that error and if it doesnt on restore you will get itunes unknown error 2
    07-03-2010 04:40 PM
    So I am... 1.6.2 it is.
    I wonder if this is not the most recent ipsw?
    File name:
    iPhone3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
    ??
    07-03-2010 04:43 PM
    Nope, thats the correct one. Can download it from apple, its plain ipsw's it uses, none are precooked.

Look in the other thread, i put a lot of details in it for you
    07-03-2010 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD