Spirit2Pwn Patch

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Says only if you have the OLD bootrom. People that jailbroke with Spirit b/c they didn't want a tethered jailbreak with Blackra1n are still out of luck for now.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Uhhh...

And its a repost, already being discussed and 5 pages long.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/192834-how-jb-unlock-3gs-new-old-boot-ios4.html

No need to start another topic on it

Ordinarily I agree, BUT...
This describes a whole new method of using spirit2pwn. I think this deserves a LITTLE leeway. The guide being discussed in your link down loads spirit2pwn to the computer and extracts it where this article downloads from Cydia and runs locally. Same animal with different stripes. Perhaps this needs a little looking at?
If I can figure out whi I keep getting kicked to safe mode and fix that I'll be trying this method and posting results.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ordinarily I agree, BUT...
This describes a whole new method of using spirit2pwn. I think this deserves a LITTLE leeway. The guide being discussed in your link down loads spirit2pwn to the computer and extracts it where this article downloads from Cydia and runs locally. Same animal with different stripes. Perhaps this needs a little looking at?
If I can figure out whi I keep getting kicked to safe mode and fix that I'll be trying this method and posting results.

Its not an all inclusive thing in cydia. That just downloads the files that you copy to your phone in the other guide.

Same exact process just a source now so you dont have to SSH into the phone for a step.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Fixed my safe mode issue so now I can try this patch
First attempt:
1. Installed patch through Cydia
2. Downloaded sn0wbreeze1.6.x from the website
3. pointed it to a 4.0IPSW I had downloaded yesterday.
4. sn0breeze says this IPSW is not valid. Hmmm.

More to follow

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh crap... posted that attempt before reading previous response. Started in the middle of the process then. drat.
Then I agree with ringer... move to existing post.
</thread>

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So I am... 1.6.2 it is.
I wonder if this is not the most recent ipsw?
File name:
iPhone3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
??

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope, thats the correct one. Can download it from apple, its plain ipsw's it uses, none are precooked.

Look in the other thread, i put a lot of details in it for you :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2