downloaded black rain and now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode

computeridiot80

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Long story...I downloaded black rain and whenever my battery dies it goes into recovery mode, usually i just plug it back into my laptop and make it rain to resolve the prob. now my laptop is not responding so i must have a virus on it and i am using someone else's computer and am unable to download black rain. I dont want to recover for fear that i will lost all of my pictures contacts ect. i havent been able to sync since black rain because it wants to update my software.....HELP!!! i dont know what to do next

computeridiot80

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
i didnt think to ask the first time, if i recover my iphone will i lose everything and i think i found the problem not sure but my grandma's computer never had i tunes my son downloaded it so he could sync his ipod touch sooo it's the lastest version of it!! can i still get black rain or what?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Tether means you have to re-run your jailbreak everytime you restart your phone OR the battery dies. THAT'S the problem. You have a "newer" version of the 3GS and it is a tethered jailbreak with blackra1n. If you are on AT&T, just use Spirit to jailbreak and forget about blackra1n.