iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 (7D11) jailbreaking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn26

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi to all,
I have an iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 (7D11) with modem firmware 05.11.07. I have tried blackra1n_RC3_Win.exe, but once I try to install apps that I have downloaded I get a message that the application was not installed on the iPhone because of an unknown error (OxE8008001) or because it was not signed. In addition to that whenever I try to reboot I get the known message about being in recovery mode and that I need to recover the iPhone in order to work. And I am back to square one...Any ideas??? Besides never rebooting the iphone or letting it discharge completely.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

On a secondary note, i have no idea what apps you're trying to install, so I'm unsure as to why it's telling you that they aren't signed... Unless they're appul0us apps, in which case, not only does that explain it, but I couldn't help you anyways.

Aragorn26

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Done it and worked perfectly... One question though what do you mean by "appul0us apps"? Sorry but I am knew at this.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2