Tranferring to Data from iPhone to New Computer

ElmhurstTom

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Good evening. My brother has a new PC. He has a jailbroken 3G running on 3.1. He has quite a number of appointments and such in his iphone's calendar as well as a number of apps that have were never transferred over to his old laptop. What is the proper way to go about transferring all his data from his phone without losing anything? Is it possible? If so, how can it be done. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Tom

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Apps are easy. He just needs to authorize his new computer with his iTunes account and all the apps will transfer over to the computer without a problem. I think if he "checks for downloads" in iTunes, it may download all apps he's purchased as well.

For the calendar, he needs to create a dummy event in outlook. Then when he syncs his iPhone, iTunes will ask if he wants to replace the computer, replace the iPhone, or merge. Select merge, delete the dummy after the sync is complete, and sync again. The same idea holds for contacts.

Since he is jailbroken, there may be other options but I'm not familiar with them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77