Do i need to run blackrain everytime i power down the iphone?

rpmayrin

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
to tell the truth...

I was actually wondering about the need to balckra1n the iphone older than week 40 everytime we shut it off or the battery goes dead. Mine still has the itunes USB screen whenever that happens!

THXS!

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I am suffering from the same issue, if I had know this would happen I would not have jail broken it. I've tried restoring it back to factory settings but I always get a 1602 error.

Any ideas to restore it back to factory settings after blackra1n?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how you were trying to do it before, twisteRRR, but the next time you reset it and you get the iTunes plug screen, click ok to restore. Or just plug it in and click the button that says Restore in iTunes any time your phone is plugged in.

ph0enix

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am suffering from the same issue, if I had know this would happen I would not have jail broken it. I've tried restoring it back to factory settings but I always get a 1602 error.

Any ideas to restore it back to factory settings after blackra1n?

Try restoring in DFU mode. You can Google it.

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I did some googling and figured out how to get to DFU. Once I am in DFU mode, my iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone and therefore cannot restore.

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually the phone won't let me get into DFU mode, I followed the instructions exactly and after holding power and home for 10 seconds, then letting go of power WHILE still holding home, the screen turns black and then quickly restarts, showing the apple logo and then the USB cable ---> iTunes screen. (recovery mode)

This is very frustrating and all I want to do is restore my iPhone back to how it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you have the latest itunes on your computer? Once you see that recovery mode, iTunes should immediately tell you it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, I can't even get my phone into recovery mode. Once I let go of the power button after holding both down for 10 secs, the phone automatically restarts itself to the apple logo and then the connect to itunes screen shows up.

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I figured out how to get to the DFU mode now, looking at the windows clock really helps.

The iTunes detects the iPhone after a quick restart of iTunes and it says it is in DFU but when I try and restore, it now gives me a 1601 error. Could it be because it is a tethered jailbreak, if so does that mean it is impossible to restore my iPhone? I really hope not.

iphone1990

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This is a problem for me now! I haven't jailbroken yet but if and when i do it will be teathered and I want to be able to restore it if I need to!

Anyone restored a tethered 3gs?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
@iPhone1990
Just restore in iTunes... When you connect the iPhone with iTunes, you have a button called Restore. Click that and you will start restoring the iPhone. If you want a clean install you need to set the iPhone up as new. You will be asked this when you're done restoring.

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
as of right now I wouldn't jailbreak a new 3gs I'm having so many problems with restoring it. I'm gonna try my brothers computer to see if it'll work.

twisteRRR

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
figured out the solution, plugged it into my brothers computer and put my phone into DFU mode, restored perfectly. Its amazing that's all it takes after all these hours of researching. We have the same operating system and everything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2