After jailbreak: setup as new or restore?

blahblab

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I am wondering if I am having problems after my JB bc I am restoring from my backup. I am Jb'ing my 3gs using pwnagetool and blackra1n and both crashed after the JB while I was in Cydia downloading an app. I bricked and had to restore.

Anyway, some say you should set up as a new iphone instead of restore. What are your thoughts?

If you think new iphone, then how can you keep app scores, level unlocks, etc. Please don't tell me you have to work through everything again. If so, do you have to do it everytime a new JB firmware comes out? THis is a big deal right?

thanks for your help.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I have read of people have no problems, restoring from a back up. Personally I always restore as new. With programs like chronus and pkgbackup there is very little, if an, loss of data, what you have to redo are settings.

weberm13

Aug 19, 2009
t3kd.com
definately set up as new. restoring from a backup will reinstall everything as it was, deleting cydia or Rock because they were not on there before.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
If you jailbreak from backup you will loose 500 mb of storage. I've read that certain files get written over but keep memory. It happened to me. Once I restored as new I checked my memory left and it increased by 500 mb.

This is why I jailbreak less frequently.

I suggest you note which applications you've installed through Cydia. You can also install The Rock App and set up a back up of jailbreak apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2