yea good catch, thanks...i was up all nite until this morning tired as hell lol. i must have edited like a million times by now
    no prob. been there myself
    10-16-2009 10:34 AM
    WARNING: I am not responsible for any issues or anything related to the matter of corrupting/messing up/destroying, or as i say, ****ing up your device!! Try this at your own risk!!

This is the step-by-step of EXACTLY how i did my JB on my 3Gs and 2G:
    (It worked flawlessly on 5 other iphones to be exact)

1-Create a folder on your desktop and name it blackra1n.

2-DL 'blackra1n' from GeoHot and save it in the folder you created on your desktop.

3-Restore your phone to factory settings, update your firmware to 3.1.2 via iTunes 9, and if you are asked to update settings, do so(mines did).

4-Keep your phone connected to your computer at all times and keep itunes open (sounds like a dumb reminder, but i wouldnt remind if it hasnt happened).

5-Click on the blackra1n file you saved in your blackra1n folder on your desktop(after opening, you may see a 'text' doc appear, dont delete, its just a log:o).

6-Click 'Make it Ra1n'(Get ready to enjoy the show, your almost done).

7-You will see a picture of GeoHot in a few moments meaning you are in JB recovery mode.

8-blackra1n will install itself then your phone will reboot itself.

9-Once your phone reboots, you will be JBed and you will see a blackra1n app on your phone.

NOTE: It is recommended that you have a wi-fi connection for this next step but as long as you have a STRONG signal, you should be fine(I had a good signal and had no issues).

10-Click on the blackra1n app on your iphone

11-Then, DL Cydia and Rock and let them install themselves(When i DL'ed Icy, it messed up my phone everytime)

12-If you reached this far...CONGRATULATIONS, you are JBen!! Just open Cydia and Rock, one at a time, and let them organize themselves and u will be ready to roll!!
    I had the same issues most everyone has been having in that after I clicked, "Make It Rain", I would not see GeoHot, instead I would see the Apple Logo with a USB cable indicating me to plug it into the computer.

Anyways, per a previous post, I disabled most every Apple program running when I opened up the running processes. The exact quote from Faker was "killed all itunes related tasks except for applemobiledevicehelper.exe (kill itunes, ituneshelper, ipodservice, mdnsresponder)"

After I did this, I was able to jailbreak using BlackRa1n with no issues on the first try. I hope this helps.

well fellas I appreciate all the info but neither of these have worked for me, the "blackra1n" program says running and my phone stays on the sync/itunes screen.

Ill keep trying....
    10-16-2009 11:25 AM
    alright fellas well I just got it to work!

This is what I did, once it failed i unplugged my phone. Restarted it, then plugged it back it and ran blackra1n. I didnt hit the home screen/power, just hit make it ra1n and let the program do its thing. It took less than 20 seconds from start to finish.
    10-16-2009 12:01 PM

This is what I did, once it failed i unplugged my phone. Restarted it, then plugged it back it and ran blackra1n. I didnt hit the home screen/power, just hit make it ra1n and let the program do its thing. It took less than 20 seconds from start to finish.
    HALLELUJAH!!
    10-16-2009 12:09 PM
    HALLELUJAH!!
    lol, your telling me!

Now I just have to figure out how to use the damn thing!
    10-16-2009 12:18 PM

thats a crazy solution but hey, whatever works! good job...now u can have some fun with it
    10-16-2009 03:09 PM
    thats a crazy solution but hey, whatever works! good job...now u can have some fun with it
    lol, your telling me man! Considering I tried it about 30 times, I was stunned when it worked!

Now that its free its amazing all the stuff out there for it!
    10-16-2009 04:19 PM
    Just jailbroke my 32g 3GS. I have only added SBSettings and Winterboard and damn! this is great! If anybody has any doubts about jailbreaking....you don't know what your missing!
    10-16-2009 06:27 PM
    Just jailbroke my 32g 3GS. I have only added SBSettings and Winterboard and damn! this is great! If anybody has any doubts about jailbreaking....you don't know what your missing!
    seriously! Im still trying to figure out how to work everything. I have a feeling its going to take a while.
    10-16-2009 06:42 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD