Yes it was unlocked i did it, with quickpwn,w/version 2.2.1 on it.

seems to me too its in may be in DFU mode...but i cant go further from this point what should i do from here...i cant go to my programs screen?

there is no passcode on my phone...

yes , Rogers sim is in it.
    Last edited by Gogia; 10-12-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    10-12-2009 12:05 PM
    This is the same problem i'm having.
    I bought my iphone unlocked, it's a 2G, and it was running on the 3.0 firmware when i got it.
    I was on itunes, and a box came up and i just hit okay, wasn't really paying attention, and it updated my iphone to 3.1.2 software, and now i hear that it updates your baseband so you cannot unlock it.
    I tried downloading blackra1n, and i did it successfully but the problem is i cannot open up the programs screen, i'm stuck on the lock page, with an itunes symbol and a charger, and it's in emergency mode, the most i can do is make an emergency call.
    I still have service, i can acctually call people via the emergency call, and i still recieve text messages and get notified when i recieve a new voicemail.
    Is there a way to jailbrake the phone, downgrade baseband and firmware, without having to open up to the phone programs at all? Or is a program being worked on at the moment?

AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT BOOTLOADER OR BASEBAND IS ON IT FOR SURE, BECAUSE I CANNOT OPEN UP THE PROGRAMS. BUT FROM WHAT I'VE READ, 3.1.2 DOES UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND NOW.
    Last edited by djsambroak; 10-12-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    10-12-2009 12:20 PM
    I think u and me on the same Boat..stick to this thread ..untill we find solution..i will keep checking this thread...

i did not try Blackra1n reason i dont know my 2G iphone has which Baseband,

then i will try Blackra1n...to use it on Iphone...

seems to me on my Iphone Itunes restore it and remove all program on my phone and i cant go further reason there is no programs on my i iphone...
    so it stop at USB & Itunes picture screen....!!!!!!

any help???
    10-12-2009 12:26 PM
    I tried it anyways cause it got reccomended to me.
    I tried it, went smoothly, and accordingly.
    But didn't change anything, i couldn't open up my phone from emergency mode.
    Says I need a valid at&t sim.
    And yes, all programs and files, have been removed from your iphone i believe, because i know i lost all my pictures. Could manage to pull that up when i plugged in the phone.

Is your iphone in the emergency call mode? or can you not even do that?
    10-12-2009 12:32 PM
    dammmmmmmmmittttt!!! im in the same boat as u guys!! wtf!!!!!!!!
    10-12-2009 02:38 PM
    dammmmmmmmmittttt!!! im in the same boat as u guys!! wtf!!!!!!!!
    Yeah me too that's why I made this thread because now all I have is now an Itouch/paperweight instead of a Iphone there's gotta be a way hopefully soon someone will come out with something there are so many people ****ed now because of their baseband update whether they did it intentionally or not or bought a phone already that way I hope soon someone comes out with something soon
    10-12-2009 03:56 PM
    I already planned to ask for more info from my friends and post it up. In Canada it's Thanksgiving so when I see them tomorrow I will ask and post up whatever info they give me.
    props and get your grub on and enjoy the "Itis"
    10-12-2009 03:57 PM
    It seems the 2G and 3G can now be downgraded, but there's no information that you can do that with the 3GS as of now.
    10-12-2009 04:32 PM
    I have 2G , i am at Screen with USB & Itunes Cd Picture , Thats it i cant Go further,

I think restoring it Through ITunes 9 , wipe out every thing from My Phone, now at

this stage, i just Want to Know is my Iphone's Baseband updated or not ,? Is there

any way to find out this about baseband...in this stage...of Phone...?
    10-12-2009 06:07 PM
    It seems the 2G and 3G can now be downgraded, but there's no information that you can do that with the 3GS as of now.
    How since when? do you mean depending on the bootloader? if it's 5.08 or less? My bootloader is 5.09 on a 3G Iphone and I am screwed as of now...is there something new? I wish fuzzyband or something would be upgraded to work with newer bootloaders. let me know if you heard anything
    Last edited by DrJB; 10-12-2009 at 08:40 PM.
    10-12-2009 08:37 PM
    Ok i got one thing, i had the same problem with the USB Sign says you must connect to itunes, So i put my freinds old SIM card thats not in service and i put his SIM card pin number and it works so after you see your signal bar at the top left corner, then you restore or re plug it in, or you can either ask your freind for an activated simcard that is in service and just put his in till you get to the home menu and take his sim card out, and after that is finish DO NOT restore your iPhone or Upgrade itunes then it'll ask for your SIM card.
    10-12-2009 08:58 PM
    I have 2G , i am at Screen with USB & Itunes Cd Picture , Thats it i cant Go further,

I think restoring it Through ITunes 9 , wipe out every thing from My Phone, now at

this stage, i just Want to Know is my Iphone's Baseband updated or not ,? Is there

any way to find out this about baseband...in this stage...of Phone...?
    OK I had the same thing the last time I JB and took my SIM out and connected the phone to Itunes. Once I put my SIM in the phone re-activated but my phone is locked to Fido and my SIM is a Fido SIM. So I think the best way to go about it is to go on ebay and buy an AT&T SIM. I'm sure there are lots for sale, the SIM doesn't have to be activated with a number I think the phone just needs the SIM. Once you are into the phone Jailbreak it, you don't need to be activated to JB I've done it without my SIM in the phone. Once you are JBen get fuzzyband or whatever it's called to downgrade your baseband and then unlock the phone. Once it's unlocked pop your SIM back in and you would be done. I still haven't talked to my friends yet, once I do I will post the info.
    10-12-2009 09:36 PM
    I think Ipheuria has valid Point i might need AT&T Sim!!!!!!!!may be inside the iPhone to by pass the At&T activation stage in iTunes ...and then update the iphone process and complete the Jailbreaking process with Jb software.

Question..which one software for Jail Breaking i should try?
    Last edited by Gogia; 10-12-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    10-12-2009 10:22 PM
    OK I had the same thing the last time I JB and took my SIM out and connected the phone to Itunes. Once I put my SIM in the phone re-activated but my phone is locked to Fido and my SIM is a Fido SIM. So I think the best way to go about it is to go on ebay and buy an AT&T SIM. I'm sure there are lots for sale, the SIM doesn't have to be activated with a number I think the phone just needs the SIM. Once you are into the phone Jailbreak it, you don't need to be activated to JB I've done it without my SIM in the phone. Once you are JBen get fuzzyband or whatever it's called to downgrade your baseband and then unlock the phone. Once it's unlocked pop your SIM back in and you would be done. I still haven't talked to my friends yet, once I do I will post the info.
    Thanks Homey
    10-12-2009 11:33 PM
    LOL I'm not fully sure because my phone is locked to Fido and I have a Fido SIM. However it is worth a try. Gogia where in Canada are you located? I work in downtown Toronto so if you're close by you can meet me and I can see what I can do with your phone.

Question for anyone in the forums, if Gogia's phone is in DFU mode can I just hook it to my Mac and start iTunes and restore from my 3.1 JB ipsw/ispw??
    10-13-2009 08:32 AM
    Thanks!!!!!! Ipheuria, Your Kind Help...i am also in Toronto..i can meet you no problem...just send me your contact or Pm me and i will show you my Phone...and u can try it at Mac System..i dont have...mac any way...

Lets come back to This thread.......Lots of Our friends in this situation waiting for solution to get out of this trouble...if i can Help i will be the First to Post the solution...But we all have to Find solution Together....?

I am Pretty Hopefull that some one will post solution...!!!!!!!soon

Thanks To all friends who are participating in this thread to help all those friends who are in Trouble with this Current iTunes Updates...3.1.2...

You Put a Really Good Question Iphueria?????
    Last edited by Gogia; 10-13-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    10-13-2009 10:15 AM
    yeah here in the uk i'm in the same club.. managed to use ih8sn0w to fudge the software into downgrading back to 3.0.1 then used redsn0w to jailbreak. tried fuzzyband 3g but my bootloader is 5.09 with baseband 5.11.07 so can't ultrasn0w it. not a prob as i am using my 3g on contract with sim. but still will affect resale value in the future
    10-13-2009 10:24 AM
    neilied so you tried fuzzband and it didnt' work? I asked my friends about the method they said they new about but one of my friends said the last time he checked it wouldn't downgrade the baseband of 3G so it may be a 2G only thing. I searched Cydia on the weekend and saw two things when searching for fuzzyband, fuzzyband and 3G fuzzyband. So someone can try both and see what happens. If you have updated and your phone is locked you may be forced to either wait until someone comes out with a way to unlock or downgrade the baseband or sell the phone as locked to whatever carrier and buy an unlocked one. When you do, remember not to upgrade it.
    10-13-2009 12:46 PM
    if you look on homepage about the new release for the mac unlock for iphone, that might fix probs if you have a mac.
    thing about my iphone is i cant get onto the phone programs so i cant download nothin, blackrain dont jailbreak till you get onto the phone and i cant do that.
    if i wanna downgrade my baseband and phone, how can i do that without needing access to my programs on the phone
    10-13-2009 12:51 PM
    Just out of curiousity does anyone know what bootloader their 3G is using?

found this info and thought I'd put it in here since it's sort of pertaining to the topic.

From the dev-team:
    Youve seen us give this warning before, and there are only so many ways to say it or come up with a clever title But here it is: ultrasn0w users must stay away from any firmware updates past 3.0 until we release the tools that let you update the firmware without updating the baseband. For most phones out there, baseband updates are irreversible and youll lose ultrasn0w.

The 3.0 jailbreak was one of those (rare) times where both the jailbreak and the unlock coincided (the only other time was 2.2). Its important that people realize that *most* firmware releases arent like that, and you need to take steps (via the tools) to separate the firmware update from its included baseband update.

This warning does not apply to the iPhone 2G, which uses BootNeuter for the unlock, not ultrasn0w.

There are BootNeuter settings in pwnage tool, I've never needed to use them since I have a 3G and don't have the baseband problem but thought this info might be useful to some people.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 10-13-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    10-13-2009 01:51 PM
    ok so since my dumbass locked up my 2G, i went to the ATT store and bought me a brand new 3GS
    10-13-2009 04:07 PM
    Just out of curiousity does anyone know what bootloader their 3G is using?

found this info and thought I'd put it in here since it's sort of pertaining to the topic.

From the dev-team:
    Youve seen us give this warning before, and there are only so many ways to say it or come up with a clever title But here it is: ultrasn0w users must stay away from any firmware updates past 3.0 until we release the tools that let you update the firmware without updating the baseband. For most phones out there, baseband updates are irreversible and youll lose ultrasn0w.

The 3.0 jailbreak was one of those (rare) times where both the jailbreak and the unlock coincided (the only other time was 2.2). Its important that people realize that *most* firmware releases arent like that, and you need to take steps (via the tools) to separate the firmware update from its included baseband update.

This warning does not apply to the iPhone 2G, which uses BootNeuter for the unlock, not ultrasn0w.

There are BootNeuter settings in pwnage tool, I've never needed to use them since I have a 3G and don't have the baseband problem but thought this info might be useful to some people.
    Okay I see that this says, this warning doesn't apply to the iphone 2g.
    I have the iphone 2g, and updated from 3.0 to 3.1.2 via itunes.
    It completely bricked my phone, i cannot open it to the programs menu until i activate it with an at&t sim card in it, on itunes.
    I don't know what it was unlocked with or jailbroken with, but the phone did have cydia and winterboard on it.
    But this bootneuter thing on pwnage tool, does that allow me to downgrade my baseband, and OS?
    10-13-2009 04:20 PM
    I've never needed to use BootNeuter but pwnage tool will create the custom ispw/ipsw file to restore the firmware/OS. I would guess from that message that you can use BootNeuter to downgrade the baseband that is an option in pwnage tool but go here and read up on it before you attempt it

[Advice] BootNeuter for Dummies [read if n00b] - Hackint0sh

If you screw up BootNeuter you will BRICK your phone so it's not something to mess around with. You have to get it right.
    10-13-2009 04:36 PM
    *edited*
    I can not use bootneuter, looked it up, and since i cannot get onto my iphone and get onto cydia, i cannot install bootneuter.
    Last edited by djsambroak; 10-13-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    10-13-2009 04:49 PM
    seems like there has recently been alot of iphone users freezing on the apple screen...some were attempting a JB and others, as myself, were simply loading up an app from cydia or icy,...is Apple responsible for this, hence, did they send out some sort of "patch" or something??

...it just seems more then usual that it happened to 2G 3.0fw users

i dunno, maybe im trippin' lol
    10-13-2009 05:29 PM
164 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD