Jailbreakers be serious aren't you tired of waiting...

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
My only concern is whether or not I'll be able to get MMS without updating to 3.1. The actual features that came out for 3.1 itself were pretty weak, but I want to be able to send pics.

And HELL YES I'm sick of waiting. I have a 3g, not 3gs, but I have a PC. I can't believe it's taking them this long to just come out with a Windows version. It usually only takes them a couple of days after the Mac version is figured out.

What really, really pisses me off is that I have an old Mac notebook that works and I'd be able to update to 3.1 and jailbreak, but my wife "cleaned" and lost the damn power cord, so I can't even turn the Mac on anymore. My Mac is now officially a paperweight.

/rant

its all over the place man, you dont have to have 3.1 to send pics...

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
look no further MMS with 3.0.1

If you have an iPhone 3G/3Gs and want to have MMS texting and internet tethering on it do the following...does not have to be jailbroken and will not hurt it if you are.

1.First, open Command Prompt on your PC from the 'accessories' tab...copy this string there...(you have to right click and paste into the CMD line as CTRL V wont work...you also cannot just type it in, it has to be pasted)...

1aCopy and Paste this:
"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

2.Then go here and download this file to your desktop...you have to unzip it first. This is the ATT_US.ipcc file. download it and unzip it to your desktop
LinkBucks.com - Get your share!

3.Open iTunes, click your device and summary. hold Shift for PC(Option button for Mac) and the click on Update.

4. When the popup window opens go to the dropdown box that you can choose your file type (it is set to look for an ipsw file by default). Change it to look for carrier update file .ipcc.

5.Browse to the one you just downloaded (on desktop). click on Open(or double click it). it will update on your iPhone.

6. When it is done, reboot your iphone (hold down power until it cycles off and then turn back on).

7. Go to Messages. You should now have the camera icon by the enter text box and you can send pics via texts.

8.Tethering will also be available in Settings, General, Network...turn it on and you can use your phone as a modem...

plevine1

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
My daughter has a MAC. I assume I could use her machine to JB my 3G. Would this mess up her iTunes library? Would I just re-sync my 3G post JB on my computer to get back my iTunes?

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I think if you open a guest account on her computer you would be fine. I know on a pc u can have more than one account such as guest. I'm not sure if a Mac does that, probably does though. So if you can open guest account and install iTunes there and do what you will this way you won't mess her stuff up. Hope this was a little help

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
definatly could hurry w jb for 3gs

i am just wanting what i pay for to work w jb on a 3gs getting what we payfor w o using a app to send mms its like att and apple knew all along what they were doing w the 3gs i cant find any thing usefull to help me acheive it so far no luck any answers someone

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I'd back up her library first...just to be safe...but like sargd66 said. just create a new user on her mac and use that user profile to boot osx and that should prevent any messing with her music.

@white573 ??what??

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm not SURE I'm going to jump into updating to 3.1 when it's Jb'n. I DON"T really need it. I can now do everything I want with my JB'n 3.0. MMS, Video, Voice command, I can Open SSH and save & view doc's and other functions to my iPhone. Working on an APP (also searching if one has been made available), to send doc's to printer from iPhone via Wi_Fi or BT. I'm sure one day that tool will be made available. Personally I can't justify running out there and upgrading "EVERY TIME" an update or upgrade is made available. Myself I'll wait till there is a "TOTAL" overhall of the OS, Then, I MAY. It NEEDS to be "REALLY" drastic. HAGD/MGB, IGoSlo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2