Changing Default Messages Icon

redrumxinxtx

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
ok so I jailbreak 3.0 and when i assign a theme to the springboard the Messages Icon is still the default one...i use iphone browser and i'm familiar with removing certain files from other themes and incorperating them into one whole theme to my liking but i havn't been able to figure out how to change that icon....is it because in 2.1.1 that icon was named different? that's what i'm assuming....but if anyone has figured this out please help me....thanks:D
Also is there a fix for the keyboard and SMS not working with themes yet???
I made my own Wallpaper and Bubbles for sms and it's not working when i select them in winterboard....

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You dont have to delete anything!

Just use iPhone Browser, direct yourself to the

root > Library > Themes > THEME NAME > Icon

folder, locate the file called "text.png", and then simply right-click, and rename the file to "messages.png".

Then exit, and see your changes.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
No luck on the SMS background yet :(

Here are steps to fix the balloons:

TO REPLACE MANUALLY ITS:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.Framework/ and replace the ballon pngs

TO ACTIVATE WITH WITERBOARD:
/Library/Theme/"name of your theme"/Folders/
make a folder inside and name it "ChatKit.framework"
and place ballon png's there

bsilver18

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
can somebody explain more in depth the process that LVCIFER mentioned.

"You dont have to delete anything!

Just use iPhone Browser, direct yourself to the

root > Library > Themes > THEME NAME > Icon

folder, locate the file called "text.png", and then simply right-click, and rename the file to "messages.png".

Then exit, and see your changes."

I don't fully know what to do here. Thanks.

bsilver18

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I guess I don't know fully what/where te iPhone browser is. Seems pretty straight forward after that. If email is easier, bsilver18 at gmail dot com.

bsilver18

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
ok, so when i go into root > library, there is not another folder entitled themes, and i cannot find it in any other folder. any ideas? i've tried using iFile and SSH.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Iphone browser is a program you download to on your PC to "explore" the phone's files. Just google it and download the program.

Jedi

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
iphone browser is software for Windows that you can download onto your PC, it lets you get into your iPhones file system via the USB lead. Google it :)

Edit... should have read page 2 before I posted!!! Ah well. Too much info is better than too little :D

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
ok, so when i go into root > library, there is not another folder entitled themes, and i cannot find it in any other folder. any ideas? i've tried using iFile and SSH.

Do you have Winterboard installed through Cydia? This will be one way to get a "theme" folder installed in the root system. You then use a program like iPhoneBrowser to look for the "theme" folder to explore what's within the theme you'd like to edit. It's easiest if you copy the theme you'd like to edit to the desktop. Now you can view the files propoerly and edit names, pictures, so on. Push the theme back through iPhoneBrowser and respring your phone for the updates to take effect.

bsilver18

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I did some messing around and got it in the end. I just wasn't searching hard enough. Successful switch though and the message icon is up! A good start I guess. Thanks people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2