Internet Tethering

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Any thoughts on how programs such as PDANet and Netshare will work with 3.0? Im not talking about compatibility, just how carriers will charge for it. Do you think they will be able to see it's tethered?

Marc

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
Well the legit tethering uses Bluetooth instead of wifi, so hopefully it goes about it differently enough that PDANet doesn't trigger whatever the phone uses to tell the carrier it's tethering.

g76

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Internet Tethering is working fine on my iPhone 3G OS 3.0.0.

THE ISSUE IS : it stops when i receive a call during Tethering and does not start again itself.

I have to restart it from >Network>Internet Tethering Option.

This is really weird. Please give me any solution.

I have EDGE enabled on my iPhone.

--

Regards

acumarino

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
try appleguru.org /iPhoneTethering.html page. (newbie poster so link is not posting correct remove space after .org and before /iphone to fix)

must jailbreak first. Performed on my 2 3GS's (32GB and 16GB) do it slowly and step by step. Easy as pie, took about 5 minutes each with rebooting.

I used blackra1n RC1 on my 32GB and RC2 on my 16GB

works great via tether and bluetooth on my MacBook Pro

g76

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I am sorry, but i dont understand much.

I want internet tethering resume automatically when i finish my voice call which i received during internet tethering is continue.

Is this tutorial all about ?

Please help further by replying me.

--

Gs.Bedi

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I just installed Pdanet followed some tutorials on YouTube and voil? I have tethering. It was actually really easy to set up. I did have mywi installed and even after the trial expired I could still tether but couldn't use the features, didn't need them anyhow. Then I uninstalled it and tried to install it again, not. I had to purchase it at that point in order to install it again. So I will try pdanet for awhile.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been using tethering on my 3g on 3.1.2 via pdanet. It can either be over wifi or USB. I have not had any random charges...

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
I've been using tethering on my 3g on 3.1.2 via pdanet. It can either be over wifi or USB. I have not had any random charges...

Me duece

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
There is an app called Internet Tethering that had an update the other day 3.0. It installs a carrier update to your phone to allow tethering. I tried to read the seven reviews but they won't show it has three stars though. Anyone out there install this if so how well does it work. If you want to uninstall it like other apps, can you? I have pdanet and had mywi but am curious about this app.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
THis was a little wierd. I have 3.1.2 on my phone so I don't have tethering hack anymore. However, I put my phone in Airplane mode and I went to the network settings..... I saw the Tethering option....... After I turned the airplane mode back on,,, it went away.... IT was odd, anyone else have this happen?

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
ive used to pay for tethering when i had a tilt i only did that for a couple of months but ive been tethering for yrs now and knock on wood have never been caught but who knows maybe if they really want to they can tell

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2