3.0 vs Jailbreaking

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
While I won't be jailbreaking on 3.0 the only real reasons I see for someone to do it is for more customization. That's about it.

Bad Ash,
With all the limiting of 3G functionality recently (Skype, Slingplayer), u don't see that as a need to jailbreak?

What if they continue down this road and u can't use the new Hulu app on
3G?

Thanks
Mike

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bad Ash,
With all the limiting of 3G functionality recently (Skype, Slingplayer), u don't see that as a need to jailbreak?

What if they continue down this road and u can't use the new Hulu app on
3G?

Thanks
Mike

For myself personally? No. For others, sure.

As for some of the limitations that were set for apps like SlingPlayer - I can understand why AT&T put their foot down but at the same time like I said a while back, they also did it to put their own SlingPlayer like app out there. When I wrote that many people felt I was crazy... am I still crazy now???

;)

berbamac

May 16, 2009
Visit site
PDA.net - can't live without it!

Steampunk (or whatever your into) wallpapers
Video recording
Volume boosters
An incredible community of like minded people that offers an expeience above and beyond.
With that said if a new iphone form factor come out,ill have a jailbroken,unlocked phone for international travel,and a jailbroken phone for regular usage.
Its just better to be able to customize.

JMHO
-berbamac

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I saw no need to JB my phone until Slingplayer. JBing my phone really slows everything down and I'd rather not. But the limits imposed on some of the apps is not cool.

So as of now. one of the 3G tricker apps is my only use for JBing. Alot of the other JB apps just don't have the smooth Apple feel.

Just my $0.02

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2