2 problems while trying to JB with PwnageTool.

webb

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
1- Using PwnageTool while holding the reset/power was okay,but when I relesed power and kept holding rest button on the last second iTunes popped with a message. Is this normal ?

2- Also I'm getting error 21 and could not finish the JB,tried several times,I'm afraid this could damage the phone.I can restore to the original setting but not the custom one.

I'm using a MacBook 2.4Ghz

Can you help ?

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Usually a jailbreak should be done on a phone that is fresh (no third party apps installed). Restore the phone without restoring the backup (don't sync apps/media). Leave it clean then jailbreak it. When you're done the jb, set up as new phone, then re-sync your apps and media.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak: breaking out of the restrictions Apple imposes on iPhones and iPods. These are the restrictions that prevent you from installing apps from a source other than the App Store, or from making certain changes, like enabling Bluetooth file transfers.

Unlocking: changing the software in your iPhone so that it no longer forces you to use service from a specific cell phone provider.

You have to have a jailbroken phone to unlock it, but you do not hbe to unlock a phone that's jailbroken. My phone is jailbroken, but still locked to the AT&T network.

webb

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Still runing into problems,I tried PC and Mac still nothing.What can be done to bypass error 21 using a Mac 10.5.6

I'm afraid I will damage this thing.I already did 10 or more restores.:confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll