I was wondering will individuals lose previous jailbreak apps, themes, etc. from 2.1 when they sync up to Itunes 2.2 future update??

Will they still get to download 2.1 apps if they are running 2.2?

Thank and I apologize if I confused anyone.
    10-19-2008 06:17 PM
    Yes, you will lose all jailbroken apps when you update the firmware.
    10-19-2008 10:33 PM
    No, YOu can use Aptbackup. Install from cydia and backup. Do full backup in itunes. Then Restore and update, rehack, install, bossprefs, aptbackup, five icon dock (if you had before), restore from previous backup, then aptbackup restore. You should be good to go
    10-20-2008 01:16 PM
    No, YOu can use Aptbackup. Install from cydia and backup. Do full backup in itunes. Then Restore and update, rehack, install, bossprefs, aptbackup, five icon dock (if you had before), restore from previous backup, then aptbackup restore. You should be good to go
    While this is true, I still would not do this. Simply because it is way to easy for something to go wrong while doing this. It is always better to start fresh after a new firmware update. ALWAYS.
    10-20-2008 01:39 PM
    While this is true, I still would not do this. Simply because it is way to easy for something to go wrong while doing this. It is always better to start fresh after a new firmware update. ALWAYS.
    agree with Ash completely. coming from WM phones you learn to not use backups after firmware updates. best to start over.
    10-20-2008 02:07 PM
    agree with Ash completely. coming from WM phones you learn to not use backups after firmware updates. best to start over.
    +1 here. Always nice to have a fresh start. It is a little bit of a pain to reinstall everything and reconfigure the device to your liking, but isn't that half of the fun of hacking?
    10-20-2008 03:23 PM
    +1 here. Always nice to have a fresh start. It is a little bit of a pain to reinstall everything and reconfigure the device to your liking, but isn't that half of the fun of hacking?
    yeah, you just have to remember what you liked and disliked. i hate restoring and then having to add all my music and movies all over again. that drives me crazy.
    10-20-2008 07:25 PM
    yeah, you just have to remember what you liked and disliked. i hate restoring and then having to add all my music and movies all over again. that drives me crazy.
    That is a pain, but with all the WM flashing over the years I have the reinstall process down to a science!
    10-20-2008 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD