Will future firmware updates mean loss of previous jailbreak data?

LA2020

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering will individuals lose previous jailbreak apps, themes, etc. from 2.1 when they sync up to Itunes 2.2 future update??

Will they still get to download 2.1 apps if they are running 2.2?

Thank and I apologize if I confused anyone.

brikz

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
No, YOu can use Aptbackup. Install from cydia and backup. Do full backup in itunes. Then Restore and update, rehack, install, bossprefs, aptbackup, five icon dock (if you had before), restore from previous backup, then aptbackup restore. You should be good to go

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, YOu can use Aptbackup. Install from cydia and backup. Do full backup in itunes. Then Restore and update, rehack, install, bossprefs, aptbackup, five icon dock (if you had before), restore from previous backup, then aptbackup restore. You should be good to go

While this is true, I still would not do this. Simply because it is way to easy for something to go wrong while doing this. It is always better to start fresh after a new firmware update. ALWAYS.

Dieters Watch

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
While this is true, I still would not do this. Simply because it is way to easy for something to go wrong while doing this. It is always better to start fresh after a new firmware update. ALWAYS.

agree with Ash completely. coming from WM phones you learn to not use backups after firmware updates. best to start over.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
agree with Ash completely. coming from WM phones you learn to not use backups after firmware updates. best to start over.

+1 here. Always nice to have a fresh start. It is a little bit of a pain to reinstall everything and reconfigure the device to your liking, but isn't that half of the fun of hacking? ;)

USCGMK

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
+1 here. Always nice to have a fresh start. It is a little bit of a pain to reinstall everything and reconfigure the device to your liking, but isn't that half of the fun of hacking? ;)

yeah, you just have to remember what you liked and disliked. i hate restoring and then having to add all my music and movies all over again. that drives me crazy.:mad:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
yeah, you just have to remember what you liked and disliked. i hate restoring and then having to add all my music and movies all over again. that drives me crazy.:mad:

That is a pain, but with all the WM flashing over the years I have the reinstall process down to a science!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77