Where in Windows 8.1 will iTunes look for my iTunes files?

jkosmensky

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Surface Pro 3 and have now gotten to the point of syncing my iPad 4. I refuse to use iCloud. I tried it before with my Windows 7 PC, but could never get it to work right. I tried it this morning on my SP3 with my iPad and, as with my Windows 7 PC, it totally messed up my mail and contacts. I've finally got that mess straightened. iTunes did manage to find my Photos; I finally was able to copy my Tones directly into iTunes.

I am missing my movies, my purchased audiobooks, and all but one of my podcasts. So if anyone knows where I need to put those files so iTunes can find them, please enlighten me.

Maybe I'm too simplistic, but I would think that iTunes would be smart enough to actually SYNC what is on your iPhone or iPad when you are setting up on a new computer instead of playing hide and seek.

I am holding off syncing my iPhone until I can get all the files in the right place. Wasted way too much time this morning fooling with my iPad.

And here is something else I noticed -- I have my iPad attached and it is appearing in iTunes. The list on the lefthand side of the page shows my iPad settings in a list. Just below that list is what is "On My Device." Now here is where it is strange: the settings list shows Apps, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Tones, Photos and Info. However, Apps, Books, Audiobooks and Photos are all missing from my device list, even though my iPad device itself has all my Apps and Photos installed. Hmm - I'm sure there must be a good reason for that, but it sure escapes me.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your assistance and Happy New Year!

Jill

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
X:\Users\<User Name>\Music\iTunes

Can't Sync Photos to iTunes if iCloud Photo Library is turned on.

There is no iBooks for Windows.

There's a setting in iTunes to Sync Podcast Subscriptions and Settings to your PC automatically, so that's totally unnecessary to sync, IMO.

Apps, eh... Not sure, I can always see that. But I can see why someone would want that (if they still use an app a dev pulled from the App Store perhaps?).

Not sure about AudioBooks.