Gift card redemption not accessible on Xmas

tyrin12

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? I'm guessing that the servers are overloaded. I just get a spinning wheel when I try to redeem on the iOS device, and on the computer, I can't even log into my account info.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any issues so far, but I would imagine it's a slow server issue due to being completely bogged down by all the VERY happy new Apple customers! :) Just keep trying, maybe restart the phone to be sure it's not something on your end.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It took me awhile to redeem my itunes gift card. Just keep at it and it will eventually work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

tyrin12

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Kristy.

This is affecting my iPhone, iPad, and windows computer, so I'm pretty sure it's not something on my end.

I tried leaving it spinning on the iPad. After about ten minutes, I was able to type in my code. After another ten minutes it told me to log in with my apple ID. From there it still froze me out. After about 15 minutes waiting I closed the app store again.

Oh well, I guess I didn't want new games and books anyways!

Merry Christmas!

Tyrin

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Great. Finally got it to accept and display a $15 credit. Now the app store won't respond to purchase requests!

Keep trying, the app store is crazy busy on Christmas day, I'm sure by tomorrow it will be all good, not that it excuses the fact that you had trouble and couldn't do it today, but just try again in the morning, and I'm sure you will be able to get it working! I can only imagine how many millions of dollars were spent today around the world in the app store!! I would guess 10 million, no wait 25 million..lol I'm likely way off, I'd be interested to see! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2