Why you should never play with your Mac when you're tired

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is a first for me, but i'm hoping that someone can help me out, PLEASE. Somehow, i've corrupted my itunes music file (including my back-ups). Only my music albums are effected. Ringtones, apps, and photos are o.k. Now, everything on my iPhone is good, it's all there, but trying to create a back-up, does not bring back the lost music. How can i put all my music from the iPhone into iTunes? I'm thinking about deleting iTunes completely, but that would leave the new one blank. Any help would be appreciated.:(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my Mac and got stuck out of town for a week and couldn't wait to get home to transfer the music, I bought Senuti App to transfer the music from my iPhone to my Mac. Worked great.

Reactions: anon(631531)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Theres alot of apps that will let you pull music etc off your phone and import it back to iTunes when I had to do it I found it with a google search or two .. Don't worry you will get it back

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my Mac and got stuck out of town for a week and couldn't wait to get home to transfer the music, I bought Senuti App to transfer the music from my iPhone to my Mac. Worked great.

I will get this Senuti app. Can't even explain how this happened, but it only effected my iTunes library, and only part of that! Certain albums are missing, and certain songs within other albums are missing. One question though. Should i delete my entire library from iTunes, or will Senuti just "fill in the gaps" that are missing? Watched the video, but it didn't tackle that issue. If i should delete the library, what's the best way to do it? Thanks for your help, Alli.:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As totally fubar as you seem to have gotten, I would delete the entire library. That way you don't have to worry about whether it's filling in gaps or duplicating what you have left.

And while you're spending the shekels to make up for the mistake, allow me to recommend another tool that will help you out of a jam like this in the future. Safe Sync from Trend Micro. (So much better than Dropbox!)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
As totally fubar as you seem to have gotten, I would delete the entire library. That way you don't have to worry about whether it's filling in gaps or duplicating what you have left.

And while you're spending the shekels to make up for the mistake, allow me to recommend another tool that will help you out of a jam like this in the future. Safe Sync from Trend Micro. (So much better than Dropbox!)

Thanks. After getting some hard looks from my wife, she also has a Mac, she did pose a good question. Why not buy an app that puts everything back on to a Mac. I'm thinking that once i get my music library squared away, i'll start my back-ups again, and create a back-up on my wife's Mac with that "sharing" thing in iTunes. This way, ringtones, photos, etc. will be safe. If you have any suggestions that would be helpful, i'd love to read them. Thanks again for your help, and quick replies.:D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use SafeSync for my backup cause I don't have to think about it. I rarely remember to connect the usb drive where I have my Time Machine backups. I carry a 1TB external around in my purse/gadgetbag, and use it for storing large files, but not necessarily as a backup.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I use SafeSync for my backup cause I don't have to think about it. I rarely remember to connect the usb drive where I have my Time Machine backups. I carry a 1TB external around in my purse/gadgetbag, and use it for storing large files, but not necessarily as a backup.

Got everything back. Here's what i did. Re-arranged my iTunes library(deleted dupes, added two missing albums, put some songs back in their proper order), then downloaded fresh copy of iTunes. Box came up and said that i couldn't have two iTunes libraries, and did i want to install the newer one? After i checked "yes", another box came up and asked me if i wanted to sync the newer library to my iPhone? Did that, and everything is back to normal. Of course, i immediately did a back-up, just to be safe. I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to put a back-up on my wife's Mac as well. I too, have a 1TB external hard drive, but it never leaves the house when i take my Mac with me on vacation. Thanks for your input.;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77