my itunes wont recognise correct video settings

markz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
help please someone,itunes wont recognise my video settings on my vista pc for some unknown reason,every time I open itunes it say to adjust my settings to 1024x768 0r higher for best results to view itunes properly...my settings are actually set to my lcd screens native setting of 1400x900.I tried reinstalling,repairng also .It alawys says this when opening itunes.also itunes does not display correctly on my screen .has things missing and displays in a strange way.any help would be much appreciated

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
help please someone,itunes wont recognise my video settings on my vista pc for some unknown reason,every time I open itunes it say to adjust my settings to 1024x768 0r higher for best results to view itunes properly...my settings are actually set to my lcd screens native setting of 1400x900.I tried reinstalling,repairng also .It alawys says this when opening itunes.also itunes does not display correctly on my screen .has things missing and displays in a strange way.any help would be much appreciated

Make sure you got the latest video driver for your computer see if that fixes it

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an add in video card from ati and the drivers are all up to date,thanx for the tip

What kind of monitor do you have ? Maybe raise the refresh rate ? Some monitors have drivers too
Also if you lower your resolution to 1024 what happens ?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having somewhat of a similar problem with the latest iTunes in W7. Whenever i enter full screen it doesn't recognize that i have my task bar set to the side instead of the bottom. So it that area is of iTunes gets under lapped by my task bar.
Easy work around, but still annoying.

EDIT: I have rotated the task bar back to the bottom and back, it still didn't change anything.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about me? I didn't see a need to start a new thread with someone having a somewhat of a similar problem. Either way, no answer meaning, i'll probably call Apple sooner or later.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about me? I didn't see a need to start a new thread with someone having a somewhat of a similar problem. Either way, no answer meaning, i'll probably call Apple sooner or later.

Just givin you a hard time :) is the option for the task bar to always remain in top checked by chance ?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean auto-hide? Its always to remain on the screen unless that is on.
I do not have that checked.

I have cycled that as well.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll check my comp when I get home and see does this happen when the task bar is on bottom?

Negative. I cycled the task bar around to every side of the screen. It affects all of the sides except the bottom.
iTunes just acts like my task bar is always at the bottom.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Negative. I cycled the task bar around to every side of the screen. It affects all of the sides except the bottom.
iTunes just acts like my task bar is always at the bottom.

I just did mine and iTunes moves around fine have you tried closing iTunes moving the task bar them re opening it ? How bout restarting your computer ? Or does it do it with any other program ?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just did mine and iTunes moves around fine have you tried closing iTunes moving the task bar them re opening it ? How bout restarting your computer ? Or does it do it with any other program ?

I don't normally turn off my computer, but i just reset it because of updates and such. I'm pretty sure i tried that before, but i just did it again. Still nothing.

iTunes is so far the only program that does it.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this is pretty weird now. The having the task bar on the left never works. The top, right, and bottom sometimes works. Depending on the rotation i use, it either becomes distorted more so or fixes it self. But yeah i'll upload a few

First one is the left side not working. The next two are the top distorted and working correctly. Itunes was left in full screen mode. Having the task bar locked didnt change it. Nor did opening and closing itunes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77