I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. There is no back up option in my iTunes. Firmware 4.2.6, iTunes 10.2. I also get an "0xFD72BES" error.
    03-03-2011 12:27 PM
    Yea, I had to wipe my phone and reinstall since my battery wasn't lasting too long. I tried reinstalling my back up and it didn't let me. GOod thing i have the patience to input all the info again. Hope you saved the information somewhere.
    03-03-2011 02:26 PM
    I did save elsewhere. Kind of annoying that this function is missing.
    03-03-2011 03:42 PM
    There is no specific option to backup, it happens automatically when you perform a sync with iTunes; it's the first step if you watch.

To restore from a backup you will restore the iPhone first. This will reinstall the OS. Then it will ask if you want to setup the iPhone as new or from a backup and should list your backup dates and times you can select.
    03-03-2011 03:43 PM
    To restore from a backup you will restore the iPhone first. This will reinstall the OS. Then it will ask if you want to setup the iPhone as new or from a backup and should list your backup dates and times you can select.
    Not an option that came up for me and I ran the restore several times in different scenarios just to make sure. It's just not anywhere to be seen.
    03-03-2011 03:57 PM
    03-03-2011 03:58 PM
    Have you performed a successful sync with iTunes? Do you have iTunes set to sync things that would be backed up?
    03-03-2011 04:31 PM
    Yes. It synced with iCal, Contacts, Notes, etc. I just never see an option to restore from iPhone back up. Also, there is nothing on the computer that even looks like an iPhone back up. However, I do see an old iPod touch back up file. At least I know that worked at one point. It's just a little frustrating that this function isn't present and my only option is to restore back to original factory settings.
    03-03-2011 07:15 PM
    Thanks for your help. I found the culprit. I never remember doing this, but there is a terminal script that must have been run at one time. It disables any device from backing itself up in iTunes. I entered the opposite script and now everything is ok. Sorry to take up your time. Thanks again.
    03-03-2011 07:26 PM
    There is no specific option to backup
    Yes there is, You just right click on your iphone and select "Backup" you can also "Restore from backup" this way.
    03-03-2011 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD